Quality Engineer Cover Letter
Quality Engineers provide useful information for industries to monitor and improve the quality of their services and products by identifying testing methods and producing statistics. The industries they work for are varied from the automobile, textile, clothing, and food all the way through to the electronics. Quality Engineers do not just find defects, but they also find the causes and provide solutions to rectify problems. Professional certification and education are important criteria
Our research into over letters for this position indicates that the following are the main skills employers look for:
- Many employers prefer candidates with a bachelor’s degree in engineering, science or a related field.
- CQE certification, even though not essential, seems to offer more job opportunities.
- Responsible for defining strategies and quality controls for high volume assembly operations.
- Documenting processes and developing statistical data.
- Analyze results and identify opportunities for improvement.
A cover letter is always recommended when applying for positions. We have drafted a sample Quality Engineer cover letter to provide some inspiration:
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Quality Engineer Resume Samples.
Don't send your resume without a cover letter. Find out how to create a professional cover letter in our guide.
Dear Randy Knutson
I am interested in applying for the position of Quality Engineer as advertised by Harlequin Technologies. I believe that my employment and education experience meets your requirement criteria for this position. As you will see in my attached resume, I have always been in the quality control sector as I have a technical mind and a strong sense of attention to detail. I am a hardworking professional with reliable and excellent time management skills. I work well with others as I am able to communicate effectively. This has led me to lead, motivate and explain complex information clearly and concisely to others and has contributed to my success in this career.
The following are some of the highlights in my career as a Quality Engineer thus far:
- Led ISO compliance application, which was granted on first submission.
- Conducted process mapping and analyses to improve output by 24%, decrease hold-ups and ensure adherence to customer specifications which lowered product returns by 13%.
- Developed practices to solve a range of design and manufacturing problems.
I firmly believe that I would make a valuable contribution to your company as a Quality Engineer. I am eagerly looking forward to an opportunity to discuss my experience and skills further. Thank you for taking the time to read my cover letter. You may contact me for any further information required.