Occupational Therapist Cover Letter
Occupational Therapists work with patients of all ages and help them complete daily tasks more confidently. Their clients can have mental, physical, or social disabilities, and require a personal treatment plan to improve their lifestyle. Essential responsibilities of an Occupational Therapist are the following: observing patients doing tasks, identifying patient needs, developing treatment plans, educating patient families, coaching people with learning difficulties, and teaching anxiety management techniques. As a result, patients can interact better with others and return to work.
Employers select candidates whose cover letters demonstrate the following qualifications and abilities:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Compassion and a caring personality
- Flexibility and creativity
- Patience and perseverance
- Organization and planning
- Self-motivation and enthusiasm
- Good practical skills
- Computer competences
An example of successful cover letter sample for Occupational Therapist is visible right below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Occupational Therapist Resume Samples.
Let employers know that you mean business, with a professional cover letter. Learn how to write a cover letter in our detailed guide.
Dear Mr. Brooking:
When I learned of your posting for a Occupational Therapist, I hastened to submit my resume for your review. As an accomplished and highly skilled professional with extensive experience in school settings providing foundational support to students of varying ages with a range of diagnoses, I am sure to make a significant and positive impact as a member of your team at John Finley Elementary School.
My background spans 10+ years of experience in performing responsibilities such as evaluating rehabilitative needs, developing customized treatment plans and goals, and delivering appropriate therapy interventions to help students overcome difficulties and stressors. Furthermore, my solid communication and relationship-building skills, along with my dedication to providing optimal student experiences, I am positioned to excel in this role at John Finley.
Highlights of my experience include the following:
- Consecutive positions as an Occupational Therapist at Meadow Lake Elementary School and Brookfield Middle School, respectively, treating children with various diagnoses including ADD, pervasive developmental disorders, learning disabilities, autism, visual and hearing impairments, and sensory processing disorders.
- Performing entrance screenings, evaluations, observations, and annual reviews to identify trouble areas and begin to formulate tailored treatment and rehabilitation plans to achieve measurable improvement.
- Excelling as a member of a cooperative interdisciplinary team, attending weekly in-services while maintaining a full caseload and documenting detailed records and reports.
- Leveraging outstanding interpersonal skills to foster a cohesive and collaborative team environment and maintain healthy relationships with peers, teachers, and administrative staff.
- Holding a Master’s Degree in Occupational Therapy from Wyoming State University.
With my expertise in student-centric occupational therapy, I am prepared to put my knowledge and experience to work for you. I look forward to discussing the position further.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Lucille J. White