Instructional Designer Cover Letter
Instructional Designers develop learning experiences that are suitable and appealing to a variety of students. Essential work responsibilities of an Instructional Designer include compiling course content, identifying training needs, setting instructional goals, finding ways to enhance the learning process, creating criteria for assessing learner performance, improving employee productivity, identifying target population characteristics, and selecting instructional materials.
A well-written cover letter sample for Instructional Designer usually focuses on skills and abilities such as:
- Instructional design experience
- Knowledge of learning theories
- Creativity and problem solving orientation
- Knowledge of relevant software such as visual design programs
- Excellent writing skills and English proficiency
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Deadline orientation
Below is displayed a cover letter example highlighting comparable Instructional Designer experience and qualifications.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Instructional Designer Resume Samples.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Ms. Knudsen:
Upon consideration of your posting for an Instructional Designer, I felt compelled to submit my resume for your review. As an experienced and enthusiastic professional with more than 13 years of excellent experience developing and delivering dynamic learning materials and facilitating highly successful training programs, I am confident that I would significantly contribute to the success of your company’s objectives.
My background encompasses expertise in creating, developing, and implementing learning programs and instructional materials to facilitate participants’ education and knowledge. With my ability to assess learning needs and capture training requirements, I excel at producing and delivering powerful learning tools while effectively driving program analyses and modifications to better meet learners’ needs. Additionally, my experience in overseeing staff and managing daily operational responsibilities prepares me to excel in this position.
Consider the following highlights of my qualifications:
- Designing and presenting learning solutions to educate corporate workforces while continually enhancing organizational and personnel performance.
- Collaborating closely with Subject Matter Experts and Technical Writers to translate departmental needs and procedures into meaningful training materials.
- Developing customized e-Learning courses tailored to each client’s specific needs, using reality-based scenarios, interactives, and simulations.
- Working with IT teams to create sophisticated prototypes and storyboards.
- Leveraging keen aptitude for program design and development, along with excellent problem-solving and data management skills, to ensure program success and effectiveness.
- Demonstrating expertise in a range of technical programs and tools, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), Filemaker Pro, NIEP, Encore!, IEP Writer, and IEPOnline; comfortable using document cameras, InFocus, and smart
- Building solid relationships through effective interpersonal, organizational, and leadership abilities.
With my proven track record of creating effective, results-focused learning materials while delivering dynamic training sessions, I am positioned to greatly exceed your expectations for this role and substantially benefit your organization. I look forward to discussing the position and my qualifications in further detail.
Thank you for your consideration.
Victoria D. Smith