Game Designer Cover Letter
Game Designers spend their workdays developing and designing video games. Some of their duties include designing game characters, story lines, art and animation. They use computer-programming languages to write code and create the games.
To impress employers, a strong Game Designer cover letter would want to mention some of the following skills and qualifications:
- Experience using mechanics to create game scenarios
- Ability to maintain design documents
- Creativity and imagination
- Computer programming languages
- A bachelor’s degree in game design, computer engineering, or computer science
- Ability to work in a team
See the cover letter below for an example of how to demonstrate these abilities to potential employers.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Game Designer Resume Samples.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Mr. Lee:
I excited to submit my resume to be considered for the open position of Game Designer at Ghost Game Labs. My work and education history has provided me with the skills and passion to fill this role and contribute to the great work of your company.
My degree in game design provided me with the foundation to develop a wide variety of games, and my internship game me the knowledge and practical skills to put my creative game ideas into practice. I also learned how to work as part of a creative team and produce quality finished products for end-users.
The following are some highlights of my qualifications and experience:
- Successfully lead a game project from green light to completion as part of an internship at Red Frog Games.
- Designed levels, enemy encounters/spawn placements, and boss A.I.
- Created and closely followed project schedules
- Coordinated between the game design team, art team, sound team and marketing team on all levels of development.
- Designed, textured and modeled 3d game objects as part of a student project.
- Scripted and wrote story driven in-game tasks.
- Compiled and edited documentation for sound effects and voice recording.
My passion to create exciting, unique games is what drives my desire to work at Ghost Game Labs. My experience and education is what makes me an ideal candidate for this opening. I am excited for the opportunity to join in the great work being produced by your team. Thank you for your consideration, I look forward to hearing from you.