Art Director Cover Letter
Art Directors work in the advertising industry and are responsible for producing ideas for various campaign types. Media these professionals target include print, television, cinema, Internet, radio, and press. Main responsibilities of an Art Director include collaborating with copywriters, following client briefs, presenting ideas to clients, briefing members of the creative team, guiding new creatives, and attending creation meetings.
A well-written sample cover letter for Art Director should showcase the following assets:
- Creativity and the ability to produce visual concepts
- Self-motivation and perseverance
- Organizational and managerial skills
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Being able to accept constructive criticism
- A passion for advertising
- Computer proficiency and knowledge of relevant software
- An eye for details and accuracy
An example cover letter for Art Director mentioning similar skills is provided below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Art Director Resume Samples.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Mr. Anthony:
Conceptual innovation, key client relationships, and team collaboration are all essential components to success in creative design. As a highly accomplished professional with extensive experience designing and executing successful, visionary advertising projects for high-profile brands, I am positioned to make a significant impact on your organization as your next Art Director.
My background lies in driving the design and execution of forward-thinking, cutting-edge creative campaigns and services for a variety of top-level clients. With expertise in directing set production and graphic creation and placement—along with my ability to communicate effectively with clients and peers—I am confident that my talents and abilities will significantly benefit Ozering.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Interpreting client messaging to create a strategic and compelling artistic strategy in alignment with client vision, and directing teams through all aspects of visual presentations to generate product sales success and maximum client satisfaction.
- Demonstrating expertise in visual direction, artistic innovation, and brand positioning while excelling in fast-paced, time-sensitive environments.
- Successfully building trusting relationships to facilitate seamless project executions.
- Earning a variety of industry awards, including 3 “Addy Awards,” for design and advertising excellence.
With my keen ability to evolve conceptual campaigns and design projects, combined with my in-depth experience in team management and collaboration, I am prepared to excel in providing outstanding creative services and direction to your company. I look forward to discussing the position, and my qualifications, in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Russell G. Parente