Immigration Consultant Cover Letter
Immigration consultants advise their clients on a variety of matters to facilitate successful petitions for immigration, specifically working to help them achieve visa approval. Common responsibilities performed in this position include preparing official documents, defending clients facing deportation, researching previous legal cases, and communicating extensively with government contacts in both the US and abroad. Expertise in immigration statutes, rules, and regulations is essential for this role.
Cover letters for this position typically mention the following:
- Visa petitions, renewals, and applications
- Legal research and case preparation
- Regulations and mandates
- Document preparation and review
- Petition preparation and filing
- Client relationship building
- Corrective action plans
- One-on-one client support and mentoring
- Fraud detection and resolution
- Client consulting and advising
- Client representation
- Customer service excellence
Please find a sample cover letter below mentioning similar abilities, qualifications, and credentials.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Mr. Freudenberg:
Upon consideration of your posting for an immigration consultant to join your firm, I felt compelled to submit my resume for your review. As an accomplished and highly educated immigration specialist with comprehensive experience supporting clients in deciphering and navigating immigration procedures, challenges, and regulations, I am confident in my ability to significantly contribute to the success of your organization’s objectives.
My background spans 14 years of proven experience in assisting clients in obtaining visa approvals, preparing documentation, defending clients in jeopardy of deportation, and handling other related legal concerns. With my expertise in comprehensive and evolving immigration laws, rules, and mandates, I excel at preparing and securing both temporary and permanent employment, visitor, student, and business visas. Furthermore, my strong decision-making and networking skills – coupled with my dedication to the utmost integrity and confidentiality – is certain to make me an asset to your immigration advisory team.
Consider the following highlights of my qualifications:
- Working extensively and openly with contacts in the US Consulate, the USCIS, the DOL, state employment agencies, the State Department, foreign and US embassies, business managers, HR representatives, and outside counsel to prepare and file immigrant/non-immigrant visa petitions, renewals, and permanent residence applications for clients from varying backgrounds and cultures
- Performing deep research into applicable immigration cases and statutes to inform application strategies and determine appropriate legal actions
- Preparing clients for their immigration petitions through mock interviews, document review, corrective action plans, and additional one-on-one support
- Successfully defending clients facing Removal Proceedings in federal courts
- Investigating and resolving hundreds of cases of passport and document fraud
- Demonstrating outstanding communication, interpersonal, and prioritization abilities
With my proven track record of consulting with clients on immigration petitions and challenges, I am positioned to greatly exceed your expectations for this role and substantially benefit your team. I look forward to discussing the position and my qualifications in detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Mary W. Beall