Registered Dietician Cover Letter
Registered Dieticians help their clients make informed decisions about food and take up healthy eating habits. These professionals can find employment in a variety of fields, such as the food industry, public health facilities, sports nutrition, or research. Typical work activities of a Registered Dietician include: educating patients, identifying eating disorders, creating treatment plans, organizing group sessions, educating other healthcare professionals on eating issues, ensuring healthy school meals, maintaining client records, and helping to create promotional and educative materials.
Employers select candidates whose cover letters highlight the following job assets:
- Knowledge of scientific aspects of food
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-confidence and interpersonal abilities to promote healthy eating
- Being able to explain complex ideas to anyone
- Tact and diplomacy
- A non-judgmental approach
- The ability to motivate others
- Organization and planning
- Computer literacy
Beneath is highlighted a cover letter sample showcasing relevant skills and qualifications for this job.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Registered Dietician Resume Samples.
Let employers know that you mean business, with a professional cover letter. Learn how to write a cover letter in our detailed guide.
Dear Ms. Guerin:
Upon reading of your need for an experienced Registered Dietician, I felt compelled to submit my resume for your consideration. My expertise in planning and directing nutritional programs to promote good health and control disease—complemented by my advanced education in dietetics and nutritional management—give me confidence in my ability to significantly benefit your organization in this capacity.
My background spans 16 years of excellent experience developing and overseeing diet and nutritional care initiatives and programs while ensuring top-flight quality assurance. From planning and implementing optimal health and nutrition plans to developing tailored menus and diets, my expertise has prepared me to excel in this role. In addition, my superior abilities in program planning, quality control, and regulatory compliance are certain to render me an immediate asset to your team.
Consider the following highlights of my qualifications:
- Spearheading the development and oversight of clinical nutritional care for up to 250 residents at the Plains Recovery Center in Kansas City, providing overarching clinical nutrition instruction to employees and patients to boost nutritional knowledge and facilitate successful discharge into the community.
- Leading quality assurance efforts for nutrition and food service programs while managing ~24 food service and professional staff members.
- Creating and presenting ten therapeutic diets incorporating seasonal items and menu extensions that met state and federal guidelines for nutritional therapy.
- Writing, establishing, and continually updating a department procedural manual to achieve zero-deficiency Department of Health reviews.
- Achieving a Master’s degree in Dietetics and Nutritional Science; completing comprehensive training and industry conference participation to advance skills and education.
- Utilizing superior team collaboration and interpersonal abilities to provide optimal nutritional education solutions and support.
With my previous experience and education in dietetics and nutritional planning, coupled with my dedication to providing guidance and support to optimize nutritional health, I believe I could swiftly surpass your expectations for this role. The opportunity to discuss the position in further detail would be appreciated. Thank you for your consideration.
Jennifer R. Barrera