Summer Analyst Cover Letter
Summer Analysts work as an intern for a few months during the summer while learning what it’s like to be a full-time, beginner analyst. The main job duties of a Summer Analyst include gathering information, creating financial spreadsheets, supporting client relations, building client presentations and assisting full-time analysts. During their internship, Summer Analysts gain valuable exposure to the daily practices of a firm in the investment banking space.
The following skills and qualifications are often noted in sample cover letters for Summer Analysts:
- Analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Research abilities
- Quantitative skills
- Proficiency in word processing, slideshow and spreadsheet programs
- Attention to details and accuracy
Below is a cover letter that outlines the main abilities and experience for a Summer Analyst.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Summer Analyst Resume Samples.
Let employers know that you mean business, with a professional cover letter. Learn how to write a cover letter in our detailed guide.
Dear Mr. Bellingshire:
I am submitting my resume for the position of Summer Analyst. I have several years of relevant experience in researching and completing administrative tasks within the financial industry. Along with my experience, I am an ambitious and capable college sophomore who is able to take initiative as appropriate.
My professional experience includes completing over 30 hours of courses in business, finance and economics. I have also worked part-time assisting an analyst and at a credit union. With my educational background and work experience, I believe I am in a position to make a significant contribution to Finance Gurus.
Below are some highlights of my relevant experience and qualifications:
- Created financial, merger and acquisition models with limited oversight
- Prepared client pitches involving industry trends using slideshow software
- Conducted research on assigned products and located reports for senior staff
- Created marketing documents to “sell” clients
- Executed various client transactions without error
- Scheduled meetings and recorded notes at meetings
In short, I have the relevant experience, skills and qualifications to successfully begin and complete an internship with your firm while offering competent assistance and a willingness to take on any tasks delegated to me. Thank you for your consideration of me for this exciting opportunity. I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Katrina G. Bonet