Equity Research Associate Cover Letter
Equity Research Associates perform in-depth analyses and reviews of stocks, bonds, and portfolios’ overall performances to identify trends and recommend future investment strategies. Strengths in financial modeling and report generation are required, as is expertise in due diligence, research, and relationship management. Excellent analytical and presentation skills are also beneficial for success in this role.
The following areas of expertise and experience are often mentioned in successful cover letters for Equity Research Associates:
- Strategic, competitive and valuation analysis
- Financial modeling
- Portfolio review/analysis
- Deep financial analysis
- Portfolio holdings monitoring
- Trend analysis
- Investment strategies/recommendations
- Investor presentations
- Client service excellence
Below, find a sample cover letter with similar abilities and qualifications noted.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Equity Research Associate Resume Samples.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Mr. Bell:
As a highly accomplished financial professional with more than 11 years of experience performing financial analyses, identifying strategic investment opportunities and assessing market and industry trends, I am well prepared to surpass your expectations. Therefore, I invite Peterson Financial to consider the enclosed resume as you look to fulfill the Equity Research Associate role.
My background includes significant experience analyzing and monitoring client portfolios, researching and reporting on stock and bond performances, and building and sustaining excellent relationships with management, clients, and team members. My demonstrated success in generating detailed financial models to inform customized, effective investment strategies—along with my expertise in financial trends and tools—positions me to make a significant and positive impact on your company.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Earning distinction as a chartered accountant with an MBA and deep experience in equity research and analysis at leading multinational banks.
- Holding responsibility for due diligence and monitoring of portfolio holdings and future investment opportunities within the $130M small cap portfolio at Manson & Janecki Financial.
- Performing strategic, competitive, and valuation analysis and developing effective and successful financial strategies and investment ideas accordingly; reporting on recommendations and findings to Portfolio Manager.
- Constructing quarterly and annual financial and valuation models to estimate future revenue growth, earnings, and profitability.
- Demonstrating confidence, leadership, and superior communication skills to interact effectively with clients and propel portfolios to peak performances.
With my experience in investment, equity, and portfolio analysis, combined with my inherent understanding of market performances and issues, I am ready to provide outstanding financial service within your organization. I look forward to discussing the position with you in further detail.
Zaida A. Haynes