Equity Research Analyst Cover Letter
Equity Research Analysts provide information and guidance for brokers and investment advisers. They are usually specialized in companies in a certain area, such as automotive, pharmaceuticals, or software development. Essential work activities of an Equity Research Analyst include performing research, monitoring trends, making recommendations backed up by research findings, talking to investors and salespeople, monitoring news in the industry, and participating in conferences.
Successful cover letter samples for Equity Research Analyst highlight the following skills and qualifications:
- Training in business administration
- Equity research experience
- Analytical thinking
- Research skills
- Attention to details and good observational skills
- Networking and interpersonal abilities
- Computer proficiency
- Being able to work in a fast-paced environment
Just below is provided a cover letter example for Equity Research Analyst showcasing comparable job experience and abilities.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Equity Research Analyst Resume Samples.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Mr. Smith:
As a highly accomplished financial professional with more than 15 years of experience performing financial and risk analyses, identifying strategic investment opportunities, and assessing market and industry trends, I am well prepared to surpass your expectations. Therefore, I invite BDI Systems to consider the enclosed resume as you look to fulfill the Equity Research Analyst role.
My background includes significant experience analyzing and monitoring client portfolios, researching and mitigating risk, building complex financial models, and forging and sustaining excellent relationships with management, clients, and team members. My demonstrated success in advising companies on customized, effective investment strategies—along with my expertise in diverse financial trends and tools—positions me to make a significant and positive impact on your organization.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Earning distinction as a chartered accountant with an MBA and acquiring deep experience in equity research and analysis at leading multinational banks including JPMorgan Chase, Deutsch Bank, and Citigroup.
- Excelling as a member of the Large Cap Growth team at Citigroup with $6.3B funds under management; performing rigorous analysis to determine portfolio viability and rebalancing needs, creating detailed financial models with regional and product breakdowns, and tracking stock news within assigned sectors to assess short- and long-term impact on returns.
- Performing in-depth investment and equity research and translating resulting data into buy/sell market recommendations.
- Demonstrating confidence, leadership, and superior communication skills to interact effectively with clients and propel portfolios to peak performances.
With my experience in investment, equity, and portfolio analysis, combined with my inherent understanding of market performances and trends, I am ready to provide outstanding financial service within your organization. I look forward to discussing the position with you in further detail.
Andrew M. Muller