Finance Assistant Cover Letter
Finance Assistants help Finance Directors manage and process client accounts. These entry-level employees spend most of their time producing reports and spreadsheets for managers. Typical work activities of a Finance Assistant include: collaborating with other departments, communicating with external stakeholders, applying company procedures, producing financial documents, performing calculations, attending to finance meetings, and finding ways to improve efficiency and quality.
Employers select cover letters highlighting the following qualifications:
- Mathematical and accounting skills
- Customer service orientation
- Teamworking abilities
- The ability to work independently and without supervision
- Time management and multitasking
- Planning and organization
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Knowledge of business principles and commercial awareness
- Computer competences
Below is provided a sample cover letter for Finance Assistants showcasing similar skills and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Finance Assistant Resume Samples.
Let employers know that you mean business, with a professional cover letter. Learn how to write a cover letter in our detailed guide.
Dear Mr. Fox:
Upon review of your posting for a Finance Assistant, I hastened to submit my resume for your review. With my solid understanding of financial and accounting support gained throughout my educational and professional background—as well as my comprehensive abilities in general business administration and team collaboration—I feel confident that I would significantly benefit your company.
Having recently achieved my Bachelor of Arts degree in Finance this past May, I have acquired a breadth of knowledge and skills in subjects including financial management, accounts payable / receivable, budget planning, and cost reduction. Additionally, I have worked for the past year and a half as an Assistant at Halwell & Co., assisting senior finance management with processing payments and monitoring production spending. With a strong foundation in the basic principles of finance, my complementary communication and time management abilities position me to thrive in this challenging field.
Highlights of my background include:
- Demonstrating strong abilities in various financial tasks, including payment distribution, account reconciliation, fixed assets review, supplies management, and general administrative duties in support of company’s CFO and Controller.
- Excelling as a productive team player, communicating ideas and information and delivering articulate and concise presentations and reports.
- Achieving proficiency in financial research and in-depth data analysis.
- Utilizing organizational, interpersonal, and motivational skills to generate top results and performance levels; achieving proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SAP, QuickBooks, and Access.
With my experience in finance acquired through both my professional and academic background, coupled with my enthusiasm and dedication to achieving success, I believe I will swiftly surpass your expectations for this role. I look forward to discussing the position in further detail.
Thank you for your consideration.
Sarah J. Weathers