Filmmaker Cover Letter
Filmmakers are directors or producers of a movie and are in charge for taking the film from concept to finished product. Main responsibility areas of a Filmmaker are scripting, budgeting, casting, hiring, pre-production, production, post-production, and release. Essential job duties of a Filmmaker usually include securing scripts, preparing budgets, renting studio space, looking for financing sources, deciding who gets to play what role, hiring and guiding crews, organizing rehearsals, setting schedules, overseeing the shooting process, editing raw footage, and managing the technical crew responsible for post-production.
An eligible example cover letter for Filmmaker should focus on the following skills and qualifications:
- Creative and technical skills
- Managerial abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Time management
- Being able to work under pressure
- Stamina and resilience
- Computer competences
Beneath is displayed a cover letter sample for Filmmaker highlighting comparable job assets.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Filmmaker Resume Samples.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Mr. Williams:
Please accept the enclosed resume as an expression of my interest in joining your company as an innovative and visionary Filmmaker. As an accomplished entertainment executive with a background in strategically managing creative, business, and financial operations to drive the production and release of reputable documentary films, I am confident of my ability to substantially impact your bottom line at Reel Reach Productions.
My expertise includes managing all facets of the documentary filmmaking process—encompassing conceptual development, research, casting, sequence shooting, direction, marketing strategies, distribution efforts, budgets, contract negotiations, and team leadership—for the successful production company Skylight Films. For the past 12 years I have leveraged my passion for accuracy, storytelling, and visual excellence to consistently deliver outstanding—and even award-winning—documentary films which capture audience interest and rank as some of the highest-grossing films ever produced by Skylight.
My accomplishments and qualifications include the following:
- Spearheading the production and direction of more than eight feature-length documentaries, including the award-winning “Mile High City” and “Corella Lane.”
- Developing initial stories and concepts into production-feasible fully planned projects, hiring and managing large crews, managing actors, and ensuring top performances by all personnel to achieve film quality excellence.
- Collaborating closely with Directors of Photography and Directors of Audiography to deliver projects from the technical perspective.
- Scouting, procuring, and successfully securing project financing for a range of independent releases.
- Excelling as a Film Consultant in previous positions, delivering key support in film development, script writing and editing, business planning, packaging, financing, and distribution for diverse motion pictures.
- Earning a Bachelor of Arts in Film Studies in 2001 from the University of Southern California.
With my exceptional leadership talents, documentary filmmaking expertise, and networking abilities, along with my proven capacity to drive film sales, production, and direction, I believe I would be an excellent addition to your filmmaking team at Reel Reach. Thank you for your consideration.
Allison F. White