Stage Manager Cover Letter
Stage Managers are employed by theaters with the purpose of ensuring everything that is necessary for an excellent performance. Typical job duties of a Stage Manager are the following: organizing rehearsals, directing set construction, collaborating with other theater departments, changing the set between scenes, maintaining props and costumes, coordinating the crew, cuing sound and lighting effects, and liaising with the front-of-house staff.
A successful Stage Manager cover letter sample should focus on the following skills and abilities:
- Stage management and theater operations knowledge
- Organization and planning
- Being able to work under pressure
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Budget management
- Stamina and resilience to stress
- Problem-solving orientation
Beneath is displayed a cover letter example showcasing comparable Stage Manager abilities and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Stage Manager Resume Samples.
Let employers know that you mean business, with a professional cover letter. Learn how to write a cover letter in our detailed guide.
Dear Ms. Zimmerman:
Upon review of your posting for a new Stage Manager for the Oakland Theater Arts, I felt compelled to submit my resume detailing my experience and credentials for your consideration. With my professional experience in show production and stage management—as well as my talents in creative project coordination and team collaboration—I would significantly benefit your organization in this capacity.
From coordinating stage crews and running rehearsals to and managing designers and set workers and overseeing production budgets, my background has proven my ability to provide comprehensive creative support and leadership for high-level theater productions. With an inherent passion for stage production and coordination, my communication and organization skills position me to thrive in this challenging and creative role.
Highlights of my background include…
- Spearheading all aspects of theatrical productions for 29 shows comprising up to 36 cast members with the Leopold Angel Drama Company in Westchester (full show list available upon request); creating and executing budgets of up to $120K while ensuring realization of directors’ and designers’ visions for each show.
- Stage-managing productions which consistently received rave reviews by both the local press and show attendees.
- Developing and supervising comprehensive plans for stage crews, assistant stage managers, and board operators.
- Leading communications efforts for production team, holding regular crew meetings and involving designers and cast when necessary/appropriate to ensure continuity and a united team morale.
- Providing comprehensive coordination and support; facilitating projects, meeting standards and deliverables, and assisting management in general theater operations.
- Demonstrating outstanding multitasking talents, as well as the ability to thrive under pressure.
- Earning a Bachelor of Arts in Theater Arts from the University of Tennessee.
With my experience in theatrical production and stage management, coupled with my enthusiasm and dedication to achieving show success, I could swiftly surpass your expectations for this role. I look forward to discussing the position, and my qualifications, in detail.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Helen K. Yarber