Junior Engineer Cover Letter
Junior engineers hardly ever exercise lead supervision over other engineering roles due to their lack of experience. However, they are involved in various facets of engineering work such as planning, design and construction of residential, commercial and industrial projects. Although Junior Engineers may make drawings and specifications related to engineering projects, their work is overseen and validated by a senior engineer. They often tag along with more experienced engineers to learn how to perform certain tasks such as inspecting projects. Tasks that don’t require supervision include meeting with clients to determine project specifications.
The following skills and qualifications are often noted in sample cover letters for Junior Engineers:
- Engineering mathematics and physics knowledge
- Completing complex calculations
- Using drafting and surveying tools
- Reading and interpreting plans and specs
- Creating engineering design computations
- Preparing engineering plans and studies
- Planning and monitoring production and labor scheduling
- Processing material orders and applying for permits as needed
Below is an example cover letter that details abilities and experience that are expected of a Junior Engineer.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Junior Engineer Resume Samples.
Don't send your resume without a cover letter. Find out how to create a professional cover letter in our guide.
Dear Mr. Grapplemeyer:
When I learned of Ridgeline Engineering’s need for a Junior Engineer, I felt compelled to submit my resume. As a resourceful and innovative professional with over two years of experience working under veteran engineers and receiving valuable mentoring, I believe I would be competent contributor to your company.
My professional experience includes analyzing, interpreting and preparing documentation related to various engineering projects and giving informed input to senior engineers. With my educational background and my knowledge of city engineering policies and procedures, I am poised to make a significant contribution to Ridgeline Engineering.
Below are some highlights of my relevant experience and qualifications:
- Participated in weekly design review meetings and gave input
- Acted as first point-of-contact with city officials to ensure compliance with city regulations
- Prepared professional engineering proposals and reports tailored to specific projects
- Developed technical documentation to facilitate proper operation of new products
- Conducted specialized studies involving selection and use of materials and equipment for water well construction
- Analyzed and interpreted Federal and State regulations related to engineering projects
- Bachelor’s Degree in civil engineering from Stanford University
Due to the fact that I am detailed, trustworthy and reliable — along with my proven ability to handle any engineering task delegated to me — I would like to discuss with you how I can make a positive impact on your organization. I look forward to hearing from you soon regarding this opportunity.
Thank you for your consideration.
Nathan L. Destone