Student Advisor Cover Letter
Student Advisors provide assistance to students so they can successfully complete degree requirements and choose a career that suits them. Typical work activities of a Student Advisor include: creating academic plans, conducting orientation tours, identifying student interests and aptitudes, monitoring student progress, recommending courses, supporting at-risk students, and making sure students meet educational requirements.
A well-written example cover letter for Student Advisor should mention the following skills and qualifications:
- State licensure
- Educational counseling experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Organization and planning
- Knowledge of educational standards
- Being able to identify academic strengths
- Computer competences
- An approachable manner
Below is displayed an example cover letter for Student Advisor highlighting similar skills and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Student Advisor Resume Samples.
Let employers know that you mean business, with a professional cover letter. Learn how to write a cover letter in our detailed guide.
Dear Mr. Miles:
Upon learning of Bronston College’s search for a new Student Advisor, I felt compelled to submit my resume for your review. As a highly educated and student-centric professional with experience in academic advising and support, I would be a valuable asset to your team in this role.
My background includes supporting college-level students in meeting—or surpassing—their academic goals through strategic program and schedule selection, performance evaluation, and professor collaboration. Coupled with my strong inner motivation and my superior organization talents, I am prepared to excel in this position with Bronston College.
Highlights of my qualifications include the following…
- Coordinated a full range of academic advisory responsibilities—including registration, transfer credits, class schedules, enrollment/withdrawal, and financial aid—as an Academic Advisor with Greenbelt Community College in Cedar Rapids, IA.
- Improved student retention by 16% through strong relationship-building talents; developed comprehensive student schedules to encourage continuous enrollment.
- Creating and presenting orientation sessions for incoming students using innovative mediums such as creative digital media and recreational team-building activities.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in working with traditional, non-traditional, domestic and international students.
- A Master’s Degree in Educational Consulting with a 4.0 GPA.
With my strong academic background and my demonstrated commitment to achieving university goals, I am well prepared to extend my record of service to Bronston College. I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss this position and my qualifications with you further. Thank you for your consideration.
Joel H. Caldwell