Restaurant Supervisor Cover Letter
Restaurant Supervisors coordinate staff in a dining facility and make sure patrons are provided a high level of services. Typical duties of a Restaurant Supervisor include: developing strategies, allocating resources, hiring and training staff, creating menus, organizing shifts, ordering food items and supplies, implementing food hygiene standards, performing quality control, implementing employee appraisal systems, and greeting customers.
The ideal candidate for this job should be able to demonstrate the following abilities throughout his or her cover letter:
- Restaurant management expertise
- Organization and planning
- Commercial awareness
- Problem-solving orientation
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer competences
- Decision-making and being able to cope with stressful situations.
A cover letter sample for Restaurant Supervisor mentioning relevant skills and experience is provided right below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Restaurant Supervisor Resume Samples.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Mr. Ramsey:
Upon learning of your search for a new Restaurant Supervisor, I hastened to submit my resume for your consideration. As an experienced and motivated manager with more than 12 years of experience, I am prepared to significantly contribute to Millworks Bar & Grill’s goals in this role.
My background includes leading operations, teams, and processes to drive business and customer service success within the restaurant sector. From training and developing employees and overseeing servers and hosting staff to forecasting budgets and supervising P&L functions, I excel at managing personnel, propelling revenue increases, and stimulating maximum levels of guest satisfaction and repeat business.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Orchestrating the full spectrum of supervisory responsibilities to achieve first-rate customer service and satisfaction within busy restaurants seating up to 160 guests.
- Coordinating with executive chefs to perform daily / monthly inventories, creating prep and meal lists, and drive compliance with food safety and sanitary regulations.
- Recruiting, training, and managing dynamic and productive staff—including line cooks—to drive restaurant success.
- Conducting quality control measures and monitoring fresh product delivery to heighten and continually elevate restaurants’ reputations.
- Demonstrating solid time management, communication, and multitasking skills to excel within fast-paced, customer-facing environments.
My skills in team and operational leadership have been finely honed, and I am confident my additional strengths will readily translate to your environment. The chance to offer more insight into my qualifications would be most welcome.
Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Annie R. Hare