Fast Food Manager Cover Letter
Fast food managers oversee operations, finances, employees, food quality, and customer service to ensure top-notch customer experiences at restaurant franchises, resulting in increases in loyalty, profits, and overall business growth. Proven abilities in leadership, business operations, sales, and customer service are crucial to success in this position, and a demonstrated record of accomplishments in the hospitality industry is also quite helpful.
Cover letters for fast food managers often mention the following types of qualifications and talents:
- Multi-unit restaurant operations
- Franchise management
- Food preparation and order fulfillment
- New locations and openings
- Staff hiring, training, coaching, discipline, and termination
- Budgets, P&L, and financial management
- Profit optimization
- Inventory and supply control
- Vendor and supplier communications and negotiation
- Customer service excellence
- Quality control and assurance
- Regulatory, safety, and health compliance
Below you will find a sample cover letter detailing similar skills, qualifications, and experience.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Ms. Edgefield:
Upon discovering your need for an experienced and bottom-line-driven fast food manager to join your team at Harold’s, I quickly decided to submit my resume for your consideration. As a motivated multi-unit restaurant manager with more than 16 years of experience in the fast food sector, I am prepared to significantly contribute to Harold’s goals in this role.
My background includes leading operations, teams, and processes to drive business and customer service success for popular, high-volume fast food franchises. From training and developing staff to overseeing budgets and P&L responsibilities, I excel at managing teams, maximizing profits, and stimulating maximum levels of customer service and satisfaction.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Spearheading comprehensive management tasks throughout my 11-year tenure with Pony Up Burgers, leading overall operations, financial management, ordering, inventories, staff hiring and termination, and customer service; previous complementary experience as assistant manager with McCulloch’s Fish ‘N Chips
- Presiding over the opening of 16 new restaurant locations for Pony Up, from construction coordination to site selection, during a period of unprecedented company growth; hiring and training 450+ employees
- Ensuring accurate and top-quality cooking, wrapping, and packaging of food items to fulfill customer orders
- Recruiting, training, and managing dynamic and productive staff to propel restaurant success
- Enforcing stringent compliance with all safety and hygienic regulations, guidelines, and standards for food preparation and delivery, as well as maintaining a safe working environment with zero worker incidents
- Demonstrating solid time management, communication, and multitasking skills to excel within fast-paced, customer-facing environments
My skills in team and operational leadership in the fast food industry have been finely honed, and I am confident my additional strengths will readily translate to your environment at Harold’s. The chance to offer more insight into my qualifications would be welcome. Thank you for your consideration; I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Daniel W. Longoria