Hair Stylist Assistant Cover Letter
Hair stylist assistants provide key support to stylists in salons and other beauty-focused establishments, performing diverse tasks to facilitate improved productivity, client service, and logistical coordination. Equipped with a honed skill set in hair cutting, coloring, and styling, these emerging professionals deliver hands-on styling services to clients – including shampooing, rinsing, and coloring – to ensure full client satisfaction and help stylists maximize their time and efficiency. In addition, hair stylist assistants typically handle various administrative functions, such as answering phones; booking appointments; and keeping the salon clean, stocked, and organized.
Cover letters for this role often mention the following:
- Hair cutting, coloring, and styling
- Shampooing and conditioning
- Supply stocking and ordering
- Client service and satisfaction
- Technique practice and application
- Appointment setting
- Customer greeting and service
- Team collaboration
- Relationship building
- Salon cleaning and maintenance
Please find a sample cover letter below including similar skills and qualifications.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Ms. Rudd:
Upon learning of Marcella Salon’s search for a new hair stylist assistant, I quickly decided to send my resume for your consideration. As a service-oriented professional and enthusiastic recent graduate of the Gardenia Beauty School, I am confident that I could make a significant and positive impact on your establishment.
My background includes supporting stylists to ensure outstanding client service and satisfaction through internship and temporary entry-level positions. I have continually demonstrated a sharp aptitude for hair cutting, coloring, and styling techniques, and my ability to skillfully assist stylists with a wide range of tasks has resulted in superior salon reputations and generous client bases. With my recent graduation from beauty school, I am excited to start my career in the hair and beauty industry and ensure optimal customer experiences as your next hair stylist assistant.
Highlights of my experience include the following:
- Excelled as an assistant in an internship capacity with Brian Greene Salon & Spa for nine months, Anna Barch Salon for six months, and Prism Hair Art for six months, respectively; acquired comprehensive knowledge and techniques in cutting, coloring, blow-drying, styling, rolling, and relaxing through direct stylist support
- Shampooed, conditioned, and rinsed clients’ hair using salon-exclusive products
- Fostered rewarding relationships with customers through a warm, personable demeanor and strong hair styling capabilities
- Provided overarching administrative and logistical support within salons, performing responsibilities such as answering phones, booking appointments, restocking inventory, sterilizing tools, cleaning stations, processing payments, and cleaning the salon
- Worked collaboratively with peers and stylists to generate a positive and service-oriented salon environment
Prepared to fully commit myself to the beauty services field, I am equipped to put my knowledge and experience to work for you; in fact, I am sure to enhance client satisfaction and exceed your expectations for this role. I look forward to discussing the position further. Thank you for your consideration.
Caroline R. Saavedra