Writer Cover Letter
Writers produce content for a variety of industries and create works of fiction or non-fiction. Types of written content include novels, poetry, life writing, scripts, magazine and newspaper articles, and web content. Essential responsibilities of a Writer include reading new materials in their field, performing research, selecting subject matters, editing and reviewing work, submitting material for publication, promoting their services, teaching writing, and liaising with a variety of professionals in their field, such as agents, publishers, editors, and directors.
A well-written sample resume for Writer should showcase the following qualifications:
- Literary skills and English proficiency
- Creativity and artistic talent
- Deadline orientation
- Attention to details
- Self-discipline and time management
- Marketing skills to promote their work
- Self-motivation and perseverance
- The ability to accept constructive criticism
Beneath is visible a sample cover letter emphasizing similar Writer skills.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Writer Resume Samples.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Mr. Culley:
Upon review of Gusher Publication’s posting for a Writer, I hastened to submit the enclosed resume for your review. As a creative and detail-driven writer with more than eight years of experience developing and producing compelling and innovative content for a variety of publications and communication vehicles, I feel confident that I could vastly exceed your expectations for this role.
My background in developing and composing feature-length articles and ongoing columns on a variety of subjects—such as the arts, news, culture, and business—prepares me to substantially impact your organization. With my history of publishing success in newspapers and magazines, along with my commitment to cultivating fruitful relationships to encourage future connections and stimulate article ideas, I am ready to extend my record of writing accomplishments with your company.
Highlights of my experience include the following…
- Publishing approximately 275 newspaper articles and 55 magazine articles in titles including the Noonsday Journal, the Pittsburgh Sunday News, and Juniper Magazine; interviewing public individuals and celebrities for high-impact reading material.
- Creating comprehensive, fresh content for publications while gaining professional training in diverse computer programs such as InDesign, Photoshop, and HTML to facilitate expansion into new media.
- Developing trusting and lasting connections with peers, publication management teams, and community members to facilitate future partnerships and spark story and contact leads
- Employing strong editorial skills to generate flawless copy upon submission, ensuring expeditious delivery from writing to publication.
With my expertise in composing and developing feature articles, combined with my exceptional interpersonal skills and commitment to exploring innovative story ideas and comprehensive topic coverage, I am positioned to significantly benefit your writing team. I look forward to discussing my qualifications in more detail.
Thank you for your consideration.
Hazel L. Shiver