Online Editor Cover Letter
Online editors manage the planning, solicitation, editing, and publication of online content. Backed by superior writing and editing talents, these professionals work with staff and freelance contributing writers to develop content strategies, cultivate story ideas, edit and polish copy, and publish content to online publications and websites. Expertise in a variety of digital tools, devices, and programs is required, along with excellent communication, leadership, and team collaboration abilities.
Cover letters for this role often mention the following:
- Content strategy development and management
- Content writing, copyediting, and proofreading
- Story pitching and writing
- Website design and maintenance
- Writer management and assignments
- Editorial calendar management
- Social media content and blogs
- Relationship building and maintenance
- Web traffic analysis and growth
- Site design and production
A sample cover letter for an online editor follows below detailing comparable skills and experience.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Mr. Keane:
Upon review of your posting for an online editor, I quickly decided to submit the enclosed resume for your consideration. As a creative and accomplished web editor and writer with comprehensive experience planning, writing, and publishing rich, compelling content for a variety of websites, I feel confident that I could vastly exceed your expectations for this role.
My background in developing and editing websites, articles, and ongoing online content on a variety of subjects prepares me to make a substantial and positive impact on your team. With my history of publishing success online, along with my commitment to cultivating fruitful relationships to encourage future connections and stimulate ideas, I am ready to extend my record of online editing and writing accomplishments to your company.
Highlights of my experience include the following…
- Attaining more than 10 years of experience writing and editing compelling and innovative content for a variety of online sites, including seven years of experience as a content editor for SystemsLaunch.com
- Designing web pages and overseeing content strategy and development for online publications and sites; utilizing expert copyediting abilities to achieve professional, error-free writing
- Managing the contributing writer program for SystemsLaunch.com and increasing the number of registered contributors by 60%; developing and implementing new contributor guidelines to elevate the overall quality of the publication
- Maintaining editorial calendars, editing and proofreading copy, modifying content for devices, and updating and monitoring website content and design to attract visitors
- Overseeing social media outlets and blogs for multiple sites and companies
- Developing trusting and lasting connections with writers, publication management teams, and community members to facilitate future partnerships and spark story leads
With my expertise in developing and editing online content, combined with my outstanding interpersonal skills and commitment to exploring innovative and newsworthy story ideas and comprehensive topic coverage, I am positioned to significantly benefit your team. I look forward to discussing my qualifications in more detail.
Thank you for your consideration.
Pauline B. Conn