General Worker Cover Letter
General Workers are found on construction sites helping qualified workers. There is no educational requirement for this position and on-the-job training is usually provided. Specific work activities for a General Worker are preparing job sites, building temporary structures, loading and unloading materials, operating equipment, cleaning debris, reading blueprints, directing traffic at building sites, assisting with demolishing of buildings, planning earth, mixing and applying materials, and completing other tasks as assigned by managers.
The ideal candidate for a General Worker position should mention the following skills and abilities throughout their cover letters:
- Good practical skills and dexterity
- Physical fitness and stamina
- Effective communication
- Attention to details
- The ability to operate construction equipment
- Being able to follow instructions
- Time management and focus on quality
Those interested in a General Worker career can check relevant skills and qualifications in the example cover letter displayed just below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive General Worker Resume Samples.
Don't send your resume without a cover letter. Find out how to create a professional cover letter in our guide.
Dear Ms. Webster:
When I learned of your need for a new General Worker, I hurried to send along the attached resume for your review. As an experienced and reliable professional with 12 years of experience performing a range of operational and maintenance duties for Roosevelt Middle School, I am prepared to exceed your expectations in this role.
As a mission-oriented, industrious, and motivational worker, I am highly skilled in significantly contributing to all facet of building custodianship and operations, including cleaning, maintenance/repair, cafeteria support, and grounds keeping. My superior interpersonal skills—combined with my ability to move rapidly and efficiently to complete tasks on or ahead of schedule—prepares me to make a strong contribution to your team.
Please consider the following highlights of my experience:
- Managed a variety of operational and maintenance responsibilities for Roosevelt Middle School—such as inventory control, kitchen prep and cleaning, landscaping, and minor repairs—while earning a deserved reputation for my solid work ethic and my continual focus on the bigger picture.
- Hand-selected to assume the position of General Worker/Team Leader at Roosevelt following initial six-year position as a maintenance crewmember.
- Worked closely with staff and peers to ensure all facilities complied with regulations and professional standards.
- Recognized as a versatile worker, offering advice and skills that were highly respected and requested by coworkers and management.
- Excelling within physically demanding environments while ensuring accurate completion of necessary tasks.
With my proven experience providing superior facility management, I am ready to deliver outstanding service for your organization as your next General Worker. I look forward to discussing this opportunity with you further.
Thank you very much for your consideration, and I hope to hear from you soon.
Michael J. Guerrero