Payroll Manager Cover Letter
Payroll Managers are in charge for compiling payroll information and paying employees in an organization. Typical Payroll Manager duties include guiding and training the payroll team, developing and implementing payroll procedures, using specialized computer software, issuing payments, calculating overtime, and solving payroll discrepancies. These employees may be required to provide payroll information and answer to various requests from senior management.
A sample cover letter for Payroll Manager should showcase the following qualifications:
- Knowledge of wage structures and employment law
- Financial and accounting skills
- Good numeracy skills
- Computer competences and data entry management
- Organization and planning
- Attention to details
- Confidentiality and work ethics
- Problem-solving abilities
Beneath is provided an example Payroll Manager cover letter displaying similar skills.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Payroll Manager Resume Samples.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Mr. Alvarez:
As a skilled and driven professional with more than 12 years of experience in organizing and executing payroll / compensation processing and distribution, I am confident that you will find my dedication and enthusiastic attitude to be of value to Sing Worldwide as your next Payroll Manager.
My experience in multi-state payroll administration—including system auditing, troubleshooting and issue resolution, staff training, and process improvement—has prepared me to make a significant contribution to Sing Worldwide. With a background encompasses a broad range of payroll, compensation, and benefit functions, I have continually made significant contributions to optimizing departmental efficiency and productivity while excelling within team-oriented environments.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Successfully managing payroll processing and distribution responsibilities for more than 1,700 employees while resolving staff inquiries and concerns and ensuring comprehensive employee understanding of policies and procedures.
- Playing a key role in reducing operating costs by 26% through proactive attention to efficient payroll processes and a decrease in manual check production.
- Communicating effectively with all levels of organizational teams to optimize departmental operations and corporate performance.
- Performing numerous, competing tasks while training and motivating top-performing teams; proficient in programs including Microsoft Office Suite, QuickBooks, ADP, and Lawson.
With my finely honed skills in payroll processing, communication, and organization, I am well positioned to vastly exceed your expectations for this role. It will be a pleasure to offer more insight into my qualifications, and I look forward to meeting with you soon. Thank you for your consideration.