Mortgage Underwriter Cover Letter
Mortgage Underwriters are responsible for analyzing mortgage applications and deciding if the loan should be approved or denied. Their main job is to verify the application package and its supporting documents. Other Mortgage Underwriter duties include updating their knowledge of lender policies, returning incomplete packages, using loan tracking systems, and calculating ratios such as loan-to-value and debt-to-income.
A well-written sample cover letter for Mortgage Underwriter mentions the following qualifications:
- Knowledge of loan products and credit underwriting
- Financial analysis
- Risk analysis expertise
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Computer proficiency and knowledge of industry software
- Effective communication
- Teamworking skills
Below is provided an example cover letter highlighting similar skills and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Mortgage Underwriter Resume Samples.
Let employers know that you mean business, with a professional cover letter. Learn how to write a cover letter in our detailed guide.
Dear Ms. Woodford:
When I learned of Pantheon’s need for a Mortgage Underwriter, I felt compelled to submit the enclosed resume. As an experienced underwriter with expertise in performing credit and asset assessments, evaluating and resolving title issues, and providing exceptional customer service, I am more than prepared to exceed your expectations for this role.
Over my 11-year career, I have gained comprehensive experience in financial document analysis, loan restructuring, application approvals and rejections, and superior client communications. My demonstrated success in effectively analyzing borrower records and statistics while consistently achieving strict deadlines positions me to make a significant impact on your organization.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Successfully guiding borrowers, brokers, account executives, and appraisers through all aspects of mortgage loan processing while ensuring efficiency and expediency.
- Assessing clients’ credit, income, and asset backgrounds to determine appropriate pricing structures and risk analyses.
- Analyzing a variety of title concerns and ensuring prompt and comprehensive issue resolution.
- Possessing comprehensive knowledge in a variety of underwriting documents and terminology, along with proficiency in multiple lending software programs.
- Training and collaborating with peers to facilitate improved productivity and efficiency.
With my experience in expeditious underwriting processes, combined with my inherent ability to execute mortgage loan processing from application through completion, I am ready to provide outstanding underwriting service for Pantheon. I look forward to discussing the position with you in further detail.