Painter Cover Letter
Painters are construction and maintenance experts responsible for applying paint to various surfaces. They are hired by painting contractors, maintenance contractors, and hospitality units, or they can be self-employed. Primary responsibilities of a Painter include: mixing and matching paint, cleaning walls, filling and leveling irregularities, applying pre-coating agents, following technical specifications, erecting scaffolding, purchasing paint and brushes, negotiating prices, and applying second coats when needed.
Employers select cover letters highlighting the following Painter qualifications:
- Knowledge of painting techniques and being able to understand technical specifications
- Dexterity and good eye-hand coordination
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Being able to work at heights
- Attention to safety
- Time management
- Good numeracy skills
- ReliabilityA well-written Painter example cover letter showcasing similar skills is displayed below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Painter Resume Samples.
For more information on what it takes to be a Painter check out our more complete Painter Job Description.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Mr. Russell:
It is with great interest that I submit to you the enclosed resume in response to your posting for a new Painter to join your crew. As a highly skilled and detail-focused professional with more than 12 years of experience in indoor/outdoor painting jobs, I possess a range of knowledge and expertise that will allow me to contribute toward the success of your business.
My background includes performing comprehensive tasks to facilitate both small- and large-scale painting projects, including residential and commercial applications. From preparing job sites and applying pre-coating agents to removing old paints and matching colors, I excel at ensuring the highest attention to detail excellence while maximizing productivity and efficiency. Additionally, my established success in working collaboratively in team-oriented environments positions me to make a significant contribution to your crew.
The following achievements demonstrate my qualification for this position:
- Amassing in-depth experience and knowledge in the various painting techniques for both indoor and outdoor application using a range of hand and power tools.
- Working an average of 4 sites per day as a painter with The Color Pot, Inc; meeting all specific customer requests in a timely and professional matter and generating high levels of repeat and referral business.
- Picking up and cleaning all work areas each day to minimize mess and elevate customer satisfaction.
- Selected to train and mentor new crew members due to superior leadership skills and high-precision painting techniques.
My proven aptitude in a breadth of painting techniques and tools, along with my acute ability to provide an exceptional level of customer service, will contribute immensely to the success of Russell Painting. Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Murray S. Lovato