Kennel Assistant Cover Letter
Kennel Assistants provide animal care in settings like kennels, animal rescue organizations, breeding kennels, or hunt or racing associations. Daily tasks of a Kennel Assistant usually include feeding animals, cleaning their cages, ensuring the dogs’ exercise needs are being met, providing additional care to ill animals, guiding visitors at the premises, taking phone calls, grooming animals, collaborating with rescue workers and veterinarians, and completing other duties as assigned by supervisors.
Essential job requirements for a Kennel Assistant usually seen in cover letter include:
- Being able to handle animals
- Practical skills and dexterity
- Organization and planning
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Observational skills to notice changes in animal behavior
- Initiative and proactivity
- Computer literacy
- Physical fitness and stamina
Below is provided a cover letter sample for Kennel Assistant demonstrating similar skills and abilities.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Kennel Assistant Resume Samples.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Dr. Rasmussen:
When I learned of your search for a new Kennel Assistant to join your team at the Rasmussen Veterinary Clinic, I was eager to submit my resume for your review. With solid experience in animal healthcare and kennel assistance, complemented by my current academic studies in pursuit of my veterinary technology degree, I am confident in my ability to make a significant contribution to your clinic in this position.
My background includes excellent experience in providing basic care for animals in support positions within high-volume veterinary clinics while pursuing my Associate’s Degree in Veterinary Technology. From cleaning cages and walking animals to replenishing food and water and monitoring animal conditions, I excel at performing a range of tasks to ensure animal comfort, safety, and wellbeing. With a love of animals and a patient and compassionate nature, my additional strengths in team collaboration, communication, and time management prepare me to thrive in this position.
A sampling of my qualifications includes:
- Assisting in kennel maintenance and general animal care at Cedar Lane Veterinary Clinic, helping doctors and vet techs in responsibilities including such as nail trims, medicated baths, exam room cleaning, grooming, feeding, restocking supplies, and weekend care.
- Recognizing abnormal symptoms and/or worsening conditions and reporting observations to clinic staff for necessary follow up.
- Maintaining a sanitary, safe, and stress-free environment for both animals and staff.
- Demonstrating superior interpersonal, problem solving, and organization skills.
With my solid experience, coupled with my dedication to ensuring outstanding kennel environments for animals in clinical care, I am sure that I could quickly exceed your expectations for this role. I look forward to discussing this opening in more detail.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Eva H. Walker