Senior Secretary Cover Letter
A senior secretary provides high-level administrative and operational support to top executives and directors in companies and organizations. Well versed in a variety of clerical functions and responsibilities, these professionals routinely perform tasks such as taking minutes, coordinating meetings, arranging travel, maintaining files, answering phones, and ordering office supplies. With their ability to juggle multiple competing priorities while maintaining a comprehensive knowledge of their supervisors’ schedules and projects, senior secretaries serve as invaluable assistants to their superiors and are heavily relied on for their efficiency, productivity, and attention to detail.
Cover letters for this role often mention the following skills:
- Data entry and typing
- Calendar and schedule maintenance
- Expense reports
- Travel arrangements
- Filing and records maintenance
- Meeting minutes and coordination
- Telephone support
- Basic bookkeeping
- Project management
- Staff supervision
- Computer support
- Customer service
Please find a sample cover letter for a senior secretary below noting similar skills and qualifications.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Ms. Zapata:
Upon learning of your need for a senior secretary, I felt compelled to submit my resumefor your review. As a self-motivated and dedicated senior-level administrative assistant with comprehensive experience providing expert secretarial support to executive-level staff, I am confident that I would be a valuable asset to your team.
My background consists of extensive experience in performing a wide array of administrative and operational functions for senior management teams and department directors. Backed by my superior communication, team collaboration, and multitasking capabilities, I excel at providing exceptional organizational and time management skills and driving optimal office efficiency and success.
Highlights of my experience include:
- Overseeing all executive administrative support functions in consecutive high-level secretarial positions for the past 16 years, performing tasks including scheduling, travel arrangements, meeting coordination, expense reports, correspondence, filing systems, supply maintenance and orders, and special event and project oversight
- Interacting with multiple departments to streamline operations and achieve corporate success
- Typing 95 wpm; transcribing dictations, writing letters, and entering data at unparalleled rates of speed and accuracy
- Providing additional contributions to team building and staff morale by organizing ongoing special functions and programs such as Secret Santa, monthly office luncheons, and an annual family picnic
- Excelling at balancing multiple tasks within deadline-driven environments while providing top-level organization and communication skills and improving operational systems
- Demonstrating superior telephone etiquette, a proactive attitude, and outstanding technical and computer proficiencies
With my proven commitment to delivering the highest level of administrative and operational support, I am well prepared to extend my record of exceptional service to your team as your next senior secretary. I welcome the opportunity to discuss this position and my qualifications with you further.
Thank you for your consideration.
Gabrielle B. Malcom