Senior Clerk Cover Letter
Senior clerks perform higher-level administrative tasks in businesses to ensure optimal efficiency, productivity, and seamless operations. Typical work activities include basic bookkeeping, typing, filing, phone management, and project leadership. Scrupulous attention to detail and a commitment to superior productivity and efficiency are strong assets in this position. In addition, excellent time management, communication, and leadership skills are all beneficial to success as a senior clerk. This position often involves supervision of junior staff as well.
Cover letters for senior clerks often mention the following:
- Scheduling and calendar management
- Records management and filing
- Telephone etiquette and answering systems
- Billing and invoicing
- Meeting minutes and typing
- Database management and data entry
- Purchase orders
- Account management
- Customer service
- Policy and procedure implementation
- Staff training and supervising
- Task delegation
Below please find a sample cover letter for a senior clerk with similar skills, qualifications, and experience.
Don't send your resume without a cover letter. Find out how to create a professional cover letter in our guide.
Dear Ms. Graf:
Upon learning of your posting for a senior clerk, I felt compelled to submit my resume for your review. As a skilled administrative professional with comprehensive experience coordinating high-level office operations and performing detailed administrative support functions, I am positioned to make a significant contribution to your company.
My background in managing office equipment and communications systems, developing office policies, and handling bookkeeping and scheduling functions has prepared me to greatly and positively impact Stellar Technology in this position. With my meticulous attention to detail and my ability to implement effective organizational procedures, I excel at managing projects, overseeing phone and filing systems, and providing exceptional service while partnering with all levels of management to support corporate objectives.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Expertly performing a variety of administrative operations – including document processing, database management, scheduling, billing, telephone systems, and purchasing – as a senior office manager with Treebaum International for the past 11 years
- Typing and distributing meeting minutes for up to 15 meetings per week; typing 105 wpm
- Delegating assignments to junior administrative staff, such as purchase orders, shipping invoices, and customer account transactions
- Strong business acumen and proven expertise in professional telephone etiquette, various computer systems, and customer service
- Performing numerous, competing tasks while optimizing workflow and maximizing productivity
My skills in general office administration have been finely honed, and I am confident my additional strengths will readily translate to your environment. The chance to offer more insight into my qualifications would be most welcome. Thank you for your consideration; I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Brenda M. Bostick