Senior Administrative Assistant Cover Letter
Senior Administrative Assistants provide clerical and administrative support to key executives in a company. These experienced professionals use their organizational skills to make sure daily operations run smoothly. Typical activities of a Senior Administrative Assistant include organizing meetings, taking phone calls, liaising with clients, maintaining schedules, making travel arrangements, maintaining filing systems, creating presentations, writing and delivering reports, and handling correspondence.
Employers select candidates who are able to demonstrate the following skills and abilities throughout their cover letters:
- Administrative skills
- Organization and planning
- Business acumen
- A professional manner
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Confidentiality and work ethics
- Computer competences
- Reporting skills
- Problem-solving orientation
- Quality focus
The cover letter example showcased just below demonstrates similar job assets required to a Senior Administrative Assistant.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Senior Administrative Assistant Resume Samples.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Ms. Rivera:
Upon learning of your posting for a Senior Administrative Assistant, I hastened to submit my resume for your review. As a highly organized administrative professional with exceptional organizational and interpersonal talents, I am prepared to significantly contribute to your company’s goals and objectives.
My background includes overseeing administrative operations and driving office efficiency within detail-oriented, deadline-driven environments. From overseeing project management operations and coordinating complex travel arrangements to managing special event/activity organization and facilitating meetings and appointments, I excel at prioritizing tasks, collaborating with peers and management teams, and implementing effective communication and organizational procedures.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Overseeing high-level administrative support functions—including scheduling, records management, calendar oversight, project management, and customer service—while developing and implementing strategic procedural and process changes to ensure maximum efficiency and productivity.
- Demonstrating an unparalleled dedication to providing outstanding administrative support for senior management teams—including C-level executives—while streamlining operations and achieving corporate success.
- Training and mentoring junior administrative personnel, delegating tasks, evaluating performances, and supervising staff through day-to-day tasks and special projects.
- Balancing multiple tasks within deadline-driven environments while providing top-level time management and communication skills and improving operational systems.
- Proficiency in a range of technical programs, including Microsoft Office Suite, Salesforce.com, Adobe InDesign and Photoshop, and various social media channels; tech-savvy with a talent for quickly adapting to new technologies and systems.
My skills in office organization and general administration have been finely honed, and I am confident my additional strengths will readily translate to your environment. The chance to offer more insight into my qualifications would be most welcome. Thank you for your consideration; I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Josie G. Klein