Counselor Cover Letter
Counselors provide support to individuals coping with personal difficulties. Their role is to help clients make the right changes to their life. Typical activities of a Counselor include: establishing a trusting relationship with clients, asking clients about their problems, discussing requirements and expectations, creating a counseling contract, listening to clients in an active and supportive manner, finding inconsistencies and reporting them to clients, and assisting individuals with decision-making.
Employers select cover letters emphasizing the following skills and qualifications:
- Counseling expertise
- Outstanding listening and observation abilities
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to work with all kinds of people
- A non-judgmental approach and being able to accept client concerns without bias
- Empathy and a calm manner
- Emotional stability
- Organization and time management
Those interested in a Counselor career can check similar assets in the cover letter example displayed below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Counselor Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Vickers:
Upon review of your posting for a Counselor, I felt compelled to submit my resume for your review. With my proven experience driving client performance improvement while assessing company needs to develop optimal solutions and teams, I feel confident that I would significantly benefit your organization.
From defining client goals and making initial assessments to implementing strategic performance plans and building key relationships, my extensive experience in executive coaching and counseling has prepared me to excel in this position. With my expertise in networking and change management, my additional strengths in training, problem solving, and team collaboration position me to thrive in this role.
Highlights of my background include:
- Providing strategic coaching and counseling services to drive the success of a variety of businesses for entrepreneurs / start-ups, small business owners, large corporations, and various additional clients in diverse industries, including health care, food service, and consumer products.
- Identifying corporate needs and requirements; developing and implementing strategic and results-oriented solutions to propel client performance and success.
- Utilizing organizational, analytical, and relationship-building skills to propel counseling projects to peak results and achieve business objectives.
- Demonstrating consistently excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with a complementary background and education in psychology and business administration; certified professional coach; frequently requested presenter and public speaker.
With my comprehensive experience in personnel counseling, coupled with my steadfast dedication to facilitating improved staff performance levels, I will swiftly surpass your expectations for this role. I look forward to discussing the position in further detail.
Thank you for your consideration.
Peter T. Burks