Cost Accountant Cover Letter
Cost Accountants establish organizational budgets to manage costs and maximize profitability for a company. Cost Accountants often need to meet account expectations for multi-million dollar accounts, and create, implement, and maintain department accounting spreadsheet ledgers in order to track credit card purchases and credits to increase user friendliness and efficiency.
Some skills that a Cost Accountant would want to demonstrate in a cover letter include:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Good communication skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Strong research capabilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- CPA, CMA, and/or a MBA
Here is an example cover letter that demonstrates how a Cost Accountant applicant can showcase these skills and more to a potential employer.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Cost Accountant Resume Samples.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Mr. Brown:
Upon review of your posting for an Accounting Technician at Mayfield, I am submitting my resume for your consideration. As an experienced professional with comprehensive experience with cost accounting systems and operations, I am well positioned to exceed your expectations for this role.
From maintaining and providing accurate and timely cost information to providing general financial analysis, I excel in all business aspects of accounting and financial operations. My demonstrated success in meeting account expectations—along with my dedication to boosting the bottom line and working as part of a team—prepares me to make a significant impact on your organization.
Consider the following highlights of my experience:
- Accurately and expeditiously met service level agreements within the acceptable margin of error.
- Created, implemented, and maintained department accounting spreadsheet ledger for tracking credit card purchases and credits to increase user friendliness and efficiency
- Created and implemented cost margins spreadsheet to ensure costs were within acceptable ranges resulting in increased customer satisfaction and efficiencies.
- Worked closely with Account Directors, Managers, and Coordinators to verify costs against initial estimates in order to create a final invoice to be delivered to the client in a timely manner.
- Excelled within time-sensitive, fast-paced atmospheres while resolving issues and motivating teams to achieve maximum productivity and efficiency.
With my experience in managing large corporate accounting operations, combined with my communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills, I am ready to provide outstanding cost accounting services to Mayfield and surpass your expectations for the role. I look forward to discussing the position with you in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Terrence M. Masters