Corporate Lawyer Cover Letter
Corporate Lawyers work for companies on legal matters, leveraging their deep knowledge in corporate law to gain advantage for the companies they represent. Litigating cases, interpreting laws and regulations, preparing legal documents, and advising companies on employment and administrative policies are just a few of the responsibilities held by Corporate Lawyers.
Successful cover letters often include mention of the following skills and areas of expertise:
- Arbitration, mediation, and settlements
- Litigation, discovery, and trial strategies
- Client relationship building
- Contract negotiation and drafting
- M&A procedures
- Written pleadings
- Courtroom representation
Below please find a sample cover letter for a Corporate Lawyer reflecting similar abilities and qualifications.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Corporate Lawyer Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Maldonado:
As a seasoned attorney with 14 years of experience managing corporate regulatory compliance and legal matters, I am well prepared to surpass your expectations. With this in mind, I invite Jamison & Maldonado to consider the enclosed resume as you look to fulfill the Corporate Lawyer role.
My experience lies in spearheading arbitration/mediation, legal contract development, risk analysis, and trial administration for high-profile companies across a broad range of industries. My demonstrated success in litigating complex cases—along with my expertise in shareholder agreements and M&A protocol—positions me to make a significant impact on your firm and its corporate clients.
Highlights of my expertise include the following:
- Overseeing corporate regulatory compliance, arbitration concerns, and legal contract administration for numerous leading companies while driving successful execution of large-scale projects within the oil, media, finance, and telecommunications industries.
- Providing comprehensive legal counsel as an in-house attorney, including regulatory concerns, due diligence reviews, contract negotiations, trial oversight, and risk management.
- Preparing and drafting joint venture, articles of associations, and other related contracts, in addition to legal documents pertaining to liquidation and dissolution of companies.
- Demonstrating superior relationship management, staff motivation, and interpersonal skills.
- Earning a Juris Doctor degree from the University of Minnesota Law School.
With my experience in corporate legal management and regulatory compliance, combined with my exceptional leadership and analytical abilities, I am ready to provide outstanding service to your firm as your next Corporate Lawyer. I look forward to discussing the position with you in further detail.
Peter K. Avila