Controller Cover Letter
Controllers are accounting professionals in charge for increasing return on financial assets by using a variety of methods (controls, reporting systems, policies and procedures). Those looking to work as Controllers should be able to complete the following duties: advising management on financial decisions, tracking expenses, mitigating financial risk, conducting audits, gathering and analyzing data, training employees on financial matters, and processing payroll. The work areas of a Controller include transactions, management, reporting, and compliance.
A sample cover letter for Controller usually makes display of the following skills:
- Extensive accounting experience
- Preferably a CPA designation
- Business acumen
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving orientation
- An eye for details and accuracy
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Computer proficiency
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
Below is presented an example cover letter showcasing similar Controller abilities.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Controller Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Williams:
As an analytical and experienced senior financial professional with more than 13 years of experience leading a broad range of accounting and controller responsibilities, I am well positioned to exceed expectations as HighIce Industries’ next Controller.
From analyzing financial reports and overseeing budgets to performing external audits and preparing tax documents, I excel in strategically directing all business aspects of accounting and financial operations. My demonstrated success in training and leading teams to top performance levels—along with my expertise in Sarbanes-Oxley and US GAAP—prepares me to make a significant impact on your organization.
Consider the following highlights of my experience:
- Accurately and expeditiously managing financial statements and analyses, payroll systems, billing and collections, actual vs. budget analyses, audit engagements, and tax and regulatory filings.
- Planning and administering budgets of up to $17M while identifying areas for cost reduction and significantly increasing annual revenues.
- Improving internal processes—such as transitioning to more efficient accounting software and facilitating due diligence activities during company acquisition—to facilitate seamless and more accurate outcomes.
- Suggesting and implementing improved and highly efficient internal accounting methodologies designed to maximize accuracy.
- Demonstrating excellent problem-solving, leadership, interpersonal, and analytical talents throughout my career accomplishments.
With my experience in directing comprehensive accounting operations, combined with my superior attention to detail and my sound business judgment, I am ready to provide outstanding service within your company. I look forward to discussing the position with you in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Carla J. Hutchins