Contract Manager Cover Letter
Contract Managers work on a variety of projects and make sure they are completed in a timely manner and following assigned budgets. Examples of Contract Manager duties include collaborating with customers, negotiating contract terms, training staff, managing tenders, monitoring expenses, conducting employee appraisals, preparing monthly reports, organizing work, adhering to health and safety standards, helping to solve disputes, and finding solutions to improve contracting processes.
A sample cover letter for Contract Manager should mention the following skills and qualifications:
- Knowledge of client operations
- Commercial awareness
- Contract management experience
- Organizational skills
- Computer competences
- Negotiation and persuasion abilities
- Attention to details
- Time management
- Problem-solving orientation
The example cover letter for Contract Manager provided below mentions similar job abilities and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Contract Manager Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Coffey:
When I learned of your need for a seasoned Contract Manager to join your team, I hastened to submit my resume for your consideration. As an experienced and persuasive professional with 11+ years of experience overseeing contract preparation, negotiation, and management, I am confident that I would be a valuable contributor to Mainline Insurance in this role.
My background encompasses excellent experience directing contract administration and management for companies spanning the technological, manufacturing, and insurance sectors. From maintaining key relationships with suppliers and service providers to negotiating optimal and cost-effective contract terms, my skill set and professional success is certain to render me an immediate asset to your team. Furthermore, with superior communication and multitasking capabilities, I excel at driving maximum team productivity and success.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Spearheading all facets of contract initiation and execution; drafting, analyzing, negotiating, and continually revising contracts, bids, termination letters, RFPs, amendments, and addendums while negotiating strategic terms and mitigating corporate risk with spend totaling more than $290M.
- Negotiating and skillfully managing a multimillion-dollar contract with a key supplier for flagship product of Liberty Insurance, generating 44% of $76M in annual revenue.
- Renegotiating a major, at-risk contract through exceptional relationship management talents while simultaneously achieving an annual cost savings of ~$12M.
- Creating and implementing contract templates, processes, and tools and designing and leading training program for up to 45 employees to measurably improve performance, quality, and best practices.
- Working closely with legal teams to stay abreast of internal policies and procedures and ensure full down-the-line compliance with legal regulations and contract verbiage.
With my proven commitment to delivering the highest quality of contract administration and management, I am well prepared to extend my record of exceptional service to your team at Mainline Insurance. I welcome the opportunity to discuss this position, and my qualifications, with you in further detail.
Thank you for your consideration.
Dennis P. Blanks