Content Editor Cover Letter
Content Editors write, edit, publish, and update content on websites while complying with stringent guidelines. Typical work activities include researching and creating content, reviewing content for grammar and spelling errors, tracking site audience statistics, and working closely with cross-functional teams. Outstanding writing skills and a sharp attention to detail are required to excel in this position.
Our collection of sample cover letters shows the following skills and qualifications to be worthy of mention:
- Content development and publication
- Writing and editing
- Developing and adhering to editorial style guidelines
- Material uploading
- Monitoring site traffic
- Strong technical skills
A sample cover letter for a Content Editor demonstrating comparable abilities and experience follows.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Content Editor Resume Samples.
Don't send your resume without a cover letter. Find out how to create a professional cover letter in our guide.
Dear Ms. Little:
Upon review of your posting for a Content Editor, I hastened to submit the enclosed resume for your consideration. As a creative and accomplished editor and writer with comprehensive experience designing and developing rich, compelling content for a variety of websites, I am confident in my ability to surpass your expectations for this role.
My background in developing and editing websites, articles, and features on a variety of subjects positions me to substantially impact your organization. With my commitment to cultivating relationships to encourage future connections and stimulate ideas—complemented by my strong technical aptitude—I am prepared to extend my record of content editing and writing accomplishments to your company.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Writing, editing, and publishing compelling, targeted content for Razzledazzle.com for the past six years; developing and adhering to style guidelines and driving maximum audience traffic to content.
- Substantively contributing to long-term style guides, glossaries, and process documentation.
- Developing trusting and lasting connections with peers, publication management teams, and community members to facilitate future partnerships and spark story and contact leads.
- Earning a Bachelor of Arts in Communication from the University of Montana.
With my expertise in developing and editing a broad range of web content, combined with my outstanding interpersonal skills and my commitment to exploring innovative and newsworthy story ideas and comprehensive topic coverage, I am positioned to significantly benefit your team. I look forward to discussing my qualifications, and this opportunity, in more detail.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Tiffany W. Hermosillo