Computer Science Teacher Cover Letter
Computer Science Teachers instruct students in computer usage, which can include basic equipment use, software programs, web design and development, Internet safety, media editing, and digital photography. Deep technical expertise is essential to this position, as is a patient demeanor and the ability to effectively construct lesson plans and lab-based activities to establish and grow students’ technical understanding and knowledge. Complementary skills in school-wide IT support are beneficial.
Our collection of cover letters for this role reveals skills and areas of expertise such as the following to be significant:
- Syllabus/course planning
- Curriculum development
- Workshops and laboratory activities
- Innovative instructional techniques
- Individual student assessment
- Technical support and maintenance
- Student advising and support
Below please find a cover letter for a Computer Science Teacher with comparable abilities and qualifications.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Computer Science Teacher Resume Samples.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Ms. Drouin:
As a skilled, patient, and enthusiastic teacher with experience instructing middle- and high-school students in computer usage and proficiency, it is my pleasure to submit the enclosed resume for your review. My background and passion for technology and education position me to significantly impact your school as your next Computer Science Teacher.
Classroom management, syllabus development, and innovative educational techniques are just a few of the areas in which I excel. I am adept at using a variety of tactics, strategies, and programs to set the foundation for a basic understanding of computers and build on students’ technical knowledge and comfort level. Additionally, I have honed my ability to oversee and maintain school-wide IT systems and functions throughout my teaching career, including peripheral equipment, software programs, and websites.
Highlights of my qualifications include:
- Creating and leading entire computer science curriculum for middle- and high-school students in consecutive positions with Ridgemont Middle School and Bayside High School in Kansas City; taught students in technology and computer skills, media editing, web design, Internet safety, and Microsoft Office software.
- Creating and implementing hands-on educational activities and programs to facilitate a fun, personalized approach to computer science education while stimulating students’ enjoyment and engagement.
- Planning syllabi, preparing materials, organizing lab assignments, and answering student questions to support individual student needs.
- Serving as the chief IT Technician for Bayside, maintaining and repairing the school’s website, 450+ PCs, peripheral equipment, and software.
- Holding a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science from the University of Missouri.
With experience and credentials, I am well prepared to dedicate myself to the highest standards of computer science learning at your school and exceed your expectations for this position. I look forward to discussing my qualifications in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Jeffrey W. Maxon