Community Organizer Cover Letter
Community Organizers are social services experts responsible for encouraging citizens to become active members of the society. Their role is to restore democracy at the grassroots level by completing the following activities: establishing common goals, identifying people’s concerns, developing social organizations, attracting members in these organizations, recruiting leaders, conducting fundraising activities, finding resources for community issues, and giving a voice to marginalized populations.
A successful cover letter sample for Community Organizer should mention the following qualifications:
- Training in social work and social justice
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of public policies
- Organizational skills
- Determination and persuasion
- Commitment to social issues and society well-being
- Tact and diplomacy
Below is displayed a cover letter example demonstrating comparable Community Organizer abilities and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Community Organizer Resume Samples.
Let employers know that you mean business, with a professional cover letter. Learn how to write a cover letter in our detailed guide.
Dear Mr. Ladner:
When I learned of your need for a Community Organizer to drive involvement and engagement with GrowVote, I felt compelled to submit my resume for your consideration. With my strong experience leading community outreach, relationship building/management, and marketing initiatives for non-profit organizations, I feel confident in my ability to substantially benefit GrowVote in this role.
My background has consistently been characterized by my steadfast dedication to enhancing organizational performance and achieving—and often exceeding—objectives. With my proven ability to leverage my communication, presentation, and leadership talents to make significant contributions within the non-profit sector, I am confident that my additional skills and qualifications will readily translate to this opportunity and render me an invaluable asset to your team.
Consider the following highlights of my qualifications:
- Propelled the success of the Rock the Vote organization in the state of Ohio during the 2012 Obama re-election campaign; attracted new members, secured volunteers to knock on doors and register new voters, assisted with on-the-ground canvassing, maintained state-specific website and newsletter, wrote and updated social media content, and tracked and charted progress to identify areas for more targeted focus.
- Initiated three successful community awareness campaigns on youth civic engagement, small business development, and public education budgets; facilitated public meetings and town halls with more than 400 attendees to discuss topics and drive community engagement and action.
- Cultivated consistent increases in community participants and members through a range of communication vehicles including social media, email, direct mail, and phone calls.
- Developed dynamic relationships with peers, community agencies, and the public to accelerate awareness and achieve organizational objectives.
- Organized and executed special events and functions aimed at increasing community participation and organizing action plans and next steps.
- Recruited and oversaw interns to maximize organizational progress and growth.
- Earned a Bachelor’s degree in Social Services with an emphasis on Community Development from the University of Ohio.
With my record of success in grassroots program management, community alliance building, and team leadership—coupled with my superior interpersonal talents and my dedication to continuing to apply my skills within the non-profit sector—I will certainly surpass your expectations for this role. I look forward to discussing the position, and your organization’s needs, in further detail.
Thank you for your consideration.
Ramona H. Burton