Communications Assistant Cover Letter
Communications Assistants promote an organization’s desired public image and provide support to communication managers. Their duties vary from maintaining office equipment to advising on communication strategies. Examples of Communications Assistant work activities include the following: attending meetings, organizing press events, updating company website and posting on social networks, liaising with journalists, writing communication materials, and tracking press coverage.
Those interested in a Communications Assistant job should be able to demonstrate the following skills and qualifications throughout their cover letters:
- Communication and public relations training
- Organizational skills
- Being able to work under pressure and to meet strict deadlines
- Time management and multitasking
- Strong writing skills
- Communication and interpersonal abilities
- Computer competences
- Knowledge of current affairs
Comparable job skills and experience are described in the sample cover letter provided beneath.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Communications Assistant Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. McCoy:
Upon learning of your search for a new Communications Assistant, I hastened to submit the enclosed resume for your review. As an enthusiastic and tech-savvy professional with experience providing comprehensive administrative and PR support to promote organizational missions, programs, and services, I am well positioned to surpass your expectations for this role.
With three years of experience assisting the communications teams at Sunbeam Publications, I have acquired the tools and knowledge required to effectively support your team at Prometheus. From developing promotional initiatives and collateral to coordinating press deliveries and newsletter production, I excel at helping to generate positive brand exposure and enable the success of dynamic communications initiatives. With persuasive communication skills capable of helping to influence public perceptions and program outcomes, I am prepared to substantially impact the success of your organization as your next Communications Assistant.
Highlights of my experience include …
- Delivering vital support and organization to the 5-member communications management team at Sunbeam Publications, including coordinating print, TV, and radio interviews and sponsorships; orchestrating highly visible special events; and developing targeted presentations to communicate key messaging and initiatives.
- Creating and updating new company blog, Facebook page, and Twitter account, helping to establish and strengthen Sunbeam’s social media presence.
- Assisted in the comprehensive redesign of Sunbeam’s website and realizing a 27% increase in web traffic.
- Proofreading press releases and newsletters on a bi-weekly basis for distribution to national media outlets.
- Providing overarching administrative support in areas such as calendar management and travel coordination
- Demonstrating outstanding verbal and written communication skills while thriving in deadline-driven, fast-paced environments.
With my skill in coordinating extensive communications programs and initiatives—along with my expertise in social media and web tools—I am confident I will significantly benefit your team. I look forward to discussing the position and my qualifications in further detail.
Thank you for your consideration.
Pam K. Miser