Communication Officer Cover Letter
Communication Officers disseminate messages to an organization’s audiences (journalists, customers, suppliers, stakeholders, and so on). They are supervised by Communication Directors and are responsible for the following tasks: writing press releases, performing research, monitoring the press and social networks, building a positive attitude among the management team, preparing and delivering presentations, arranging news conferences, handling crisis situations, and responding to media inquiries.
Those interested in a Communication Officer position should be able to demonstrate the following skills throughout their cover letters:
- Communication and public relations expertise
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Networking and knowledge of current affairs
- Research abilities
- Tact and diplomacy
- Multitasking and time management
- Being able to work under pressure
- Computer competences
Similar job qualifications and experience are visible in the sample cover letter provided below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Communication Officer Resume Samples.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Mr. Whittingham:
When I learned of your need for a Communication Officer, I was eager to submit my resume for your consideration. As a skilled and organized professional with more than five years of experience responding to emergency and non-emergency calls and communicating crucial information to mobile units, I am confident in my ability to significantly benefit your team in this role.
From obtaining caller information and evaluating information to determining optimal response and maintaining detailed records, my background has been characterized by my commitment to making logical, educated decisions in crisis/high-pressure situations. My proven ability to remain calm under stress, along with my superior communication and multitasking abilities, prepares me to excel in this position.
Consider the following highlights of my qualifications:
- Responded to an average of 89 calls per day as a Communication Officer for the Baltimore City 911 dispatch team, addressing caller concerns, recording data about situations and involved parties, and dispatching necessary personnel as appropriate.
- Utilized a complicated software system to locate addresses and other information requested by police officers.
- Handled warrants and ran license and car tags for officers upon request.
- Generated a variety of reports and ensured system information remained up-to-date.
- Earned a reputation as a first-rate communication specialist with extremely high levels of accuracy and efficiency.
With my record of success in fielding and managing dispatch calls, coupled with my superior interpersonal and time management skills, I will certainly surpass your expectations. I look forward to discussing the position in detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Jessica J. Jones