Clerical Assistant Cover Letter
Clerical Assistants provide support to office teams by completing a variety of administrative duties. Essential duties of a Clerical Assistant include maintaining filing systems, handling correspondence, updating computer databases, operating office equipment, performing research for managers, supporting the reception desk and completing other tasks as assigned by supervisors. Those interested in a Clerical Assistant position should be able to cope with repetitive tasks as well.
A well-written cover letter sample for Clerical Assistant mentions the following skills and qualifications:
- Organizational skills
- Good writing and grammar skills
- Reading and research abilities
- Computer competences and keyboard skills
- Effective communication and being able to interact with all sorts of people
- Both teamworking skills and being able to work independently
- Attention to details and accuracy
- The ability to concentrate for long periods of time
Relevant Clerical Assistant abilities are displayed in the cover letter example available below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Clerical Assistant Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Burcham:
When I learned of Pearson’s need for a new Clerical Assistant, I hastened to submit the enclosed resume for your consideration. As a proactive and self-motivated individual with solid experience in customer service and administrative support, I am well positioned to meet—or exceed—your expectations in this role.
My background includes performing comprehensive administrative tasks to provide seamless office operations while improving efficiency. Additionally, I excel in providing first-rate customer service to achieve maximum satisfaction and retention. My proven success in both independent and team-oriented environments—complemented by my outstanding communication and time management skills—prepares me to significantly benefit your organization.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Adeptly handling a multitude of administrative tasks, such as data entry, typing, records maintenance, and mail routing.
- Possessing a sharp eye for detail as well as superb telephone etiquette and customer service skills.
- Leveraging excellent organization and prioritization talents to achieve maximum productivity and efficiency in office environments.
- Excelling within fast-paced, challenging atmospheres while resolving issues using excellent problem-solving and leadership skills.
With my experience providing superior administrative assistance, combined with my inherent interpersonal and organizational skills, I am ready to provide outstanding service within your company. I look forward to discussing the position with you in detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Gladys B. Sasser