Clerical Aide Cover Letter
Clerical aides provide general secretarial and administrative assistance in office environments. Typical work activities include maintaining files, copying and scanning documents, setting appointments, updating calendars, ordering supplies, and performing basic bookkeeping tasks. Strong proficiencies in office equipment, multiline phone systems, and various software and hardware systems are highly beneficial in this position. In addition, excellent time management, organization, and communication skills are very advantageous.
Cover letters for this role often mention the following:
- Office systems and procedures
- Phone call answering and routing
- Filing and records management
- Customer service
- Mail preparation and distribution
- Appointment setting and calendar maintenance
- Typing, scanning, copying, and faxing
- Data entry
- Supply orders
- Project coordination
- Process improvement
Please find below an example of a cover letter for a clerical aide detailing relevant skills and qualifications.
Dear Mr. Ruth:
Upon learning of your need for a clerical aide, I hastened to submit my resume for your review. As an organized and self-motivated professional with experience providing general administrative and clerical support to drive maximum efficiency, I am confident I would be a valuable asset to your team.
From maintaining detailed filing systems and answering phone calls to performing basic bookkeeping tasks and providing superior customer service, my background has prepared me to excel in this role. Backed by superior communication and multitasking capabilities, I excel at driving office productivity and efficiency while demonstrating a superior work ethic and the highest levels of punctuality and reliability.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Assisting with overarching clerical and secretarial functions such as taking and routing calls, distributing mail, photocopying documents, setting appointments, and ordering supplies
- Balancing multiple tasks within deadline-driven environments while providing top-level prioritization and interpersonal skills and leveraging proficiency in a range of software systems and office equipment
- Communicating directly and professionally with customers to answer questions, disseminate information, and represent the business
With proven commitment to delivering superior clerical support, I am well prepared to extend my record of exceptional service to your team at Somersault. Additionally, my flexibility and ability to quickly adapt to a variety of industries positions me to substantially benefit your organization. I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss this position with you further.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Georgina A. Prokop