Child Advocate Cover Letter
Child advocates speak out and act on behalf of children and their families facing physical or substance abuse crises, foster placement, reunification, criminal charges, or other difficult situations. Working in highly emotional and stressful environments, these professionals need high levels of resilience, stamina, and empathy to perform their jobs well. Furthermore, a solid background in child psychology, social work, and case management is also highly advantageous.
Cover letters for this position often mention the following:
- Case investigations and observations
- Foster placement and evaluation
- Needs assessment and recommendations
- Relationship building and maintenance
- Counseling services
- Caseload management
- Court preparation and testifying
- Resource coordination and allocation
- Documentation and records management
- Client service and support
Please find a sample cover letter for a child advocate below detailing similar skills, qualifications, and experience.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Ms. Hankins:
When I learned of your need for a child advocate to join the Casa Ventura Foster Program, I hastened to submit my resume for your review. My proven experience supporting dependent children and their birth and foster families – as well as my graduate degree in child psychology – give me confidence in my ability to significantly benefit your organization.
From investigating cases and conducting observations to documenting findings and providing counseling services, my background has prepared me to excel in this role. I have continually demonstrated my commitment to providing unparalleled support and accountability for children in the foster care system. Furthermore, my ability to connect with young individuals and establish trusting relationships – along with my strong communication and analytical capabilities – position me to thrive in this role with Casa Ventura.
Please consider the following highlights of my qualifications:
- Excelling as a youth advocate and case manager with the Los Angeles Hope Foster Program, providing vital support to vulnerable dependent children while assessing needs, recommending optimal foster placements, and counseling on significant transitions
- Managing a caseload of up to 15 dependent children at a time, ensuring receipt of all necessary services and support as outlined in court-approved case plans
- Evaluating the placements of children to ensure their safety, health, and well-being
- Preparing for and testifying in court to promote the best outcome for dependent children
- Communicating with federal agencies, local organizations, families, teachers, and healthcare providers to locate and maximize resources and ensure optimal experiences for foster children
- Utilizing superior interpersonal abilities, a high level of empathy, and a resilient spirit to provide solutions and support in difficult, stressful, and emotionally charged situations
With my experience advocating for children in dependent care, complemented by my dedication to providing critical assistance to young individuals in need, I believe I could swiftly surpass your expectations for this role. The opportunity to discuss the position in further detail would be most appreciated.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Elisa M. Darnell