Catering Manager Cover Letter
Catering Managers coordinate food services at an event or in a facility. A fundamental part of their job is implementing food hygiene standards. Other duties of a Catering Manager include: ordering food and beverages, guiding waiters and catering staff, collaborating with chefs, negotiating contracts with customers, maintaining inventories, planning menus, organizing shifts, measuring the quality of customer service, recruiting and training staff, and solving client issues.
Employers select cover letters demonstrating the following skills and abilities:
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Food management training
- Being able to motivate staff
- Customer service orientation
- Problem-solving abilities
- Being able to work under pressure
- An organized approach to work
- Negotiation abilities
- Computer competences
Similar skills and qualifications can be seen in the example cover letter displayed below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Catering Manager Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Morales:
Upon discovering your posting for a new Catering Manager, I hastened to submit my resume for your review. As an experienced and customer-centric professional with more than 12 years of experience driving catering operations and business development within the restaurant sector, I am prepared to significantly contribute to Merina’s goals in this role.
My background includes creating menus, liaising with clients and suppliers, and overseeing catering team members to ensure seamless food and beverage services at special events including weddings, conferences, fundraisers, and community events. From managing special requests and leading motivated staff to managing supplies and ensuring full regulatory compliance, I excel at overseeing all facets of catering operations while providing outstanding levels of customer service and satisfaction.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Collaborating closely with the Executive Chef of Presidio Grill in areas such as menu development, costing, and marketing to coordinate and execute successful catering events.
- Boosting catering sales by 24% within first two years of hire at Presidio.
- Hiring, training, scheduling, and supervising catering staff while personally maintaining active involvement in cost control, food preparation, transportation, set-up, management, and clean up of all events.
- Earning an Associate’s degree in Hospitality Management in 2009.
My skills in catering management, event coordination, and team leadership within the food and beverage industry have been finely honed, and I am confident my additional strengths will readily translate to your environment. The chance to offer more insight into my qualifications would be most welcome.
Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Ana V. Binder