Casting Director Cover Letter
Casting Directors manage all facets of talent casting for various media including television, film, and commercials. Researching casting needs, generating casting reports, and holding open calls and auditions are all typical work activities performed in this role. The ability to interact effectively with directors, producers, and other high-level clients is essential to this position.
Our collection of cover letters for Casting Directors reveals the following types of skills and abilities to be beneficial to mention
- Talent scouting and management
- Auditions and open calls
- Talent booking
- Location scouting and securing
- Casting session supervision
- Contract negotiations/compliance
- Scheduling/calendar management
- Contact database management
A sample cover letter follows, including similar qualifications and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Casting Director Resume Samples.
Let employers know that you mean business, with a professional cover letter. Learn how to write a cover letter in our detailed guide.
Dear Ms. Bennet:
When I learned of your search for a new Casting Director, I felt compelled to submit my resume for your review. With my professional experience in casting management and production—as well as my talents in creative project execution and team collaboration—I would significantly benefit your team in this capacity.
From researching talent to meet specified needs and holding casting auditions to securing shoot locations and working closely with directors and producers, my background has prepared me to excel as your next Casting Director. With an inherent passion for talent placement and media production, my communication and organization capabilities position me to thrive in this challenging and creative role.
Highlights of my background include:
- Booking talent, preparing casting sessions, monitoring studio logs, supervising staff, and managing extensive talent databases as Casting Director for the Chicago Casting Company.
- Holding large open calls with more than 4,000 actors for casting roles of leads, background actors, day-player roles, stand-ins, and photo doubles.
- Conducting deep research and generating casting reports on both existing and prospective casting leads for television, film, commercials, and print advertisements.
- Meeting with directors, executive producers, unit producers, managers, and production supervisors to identify casting needs and the appropriate “look” of background talent.
- Communicating effectively with agents, lawyers, talent managers, and SAG regarding contract specifics and negotiations.
With my experience in production and casting direction, coupled with my enthusiasm and dedication to achieving success, I could swiftly surpass your expectations for this role. I look forward to discussing this opportunity in more detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Julia L. Diaz