Camp Counsellor Cover Letter
Camp Counsellors are in charge for the wellbeing and health of children in a camp. Typical job duties of a Camp Counsellor include: organizing trips, greeting new campers, explaining camp rules, ensuring supervision of campers at night and during weekends, assisting instructors, solving any problem that may arise, and providing emotional support. Camp Counsellors need to provide a positive example to campers, from being punctual to taking part to cleanup chores.
The ideal candidate for a Camp Counsellor position should be able to demonstrate the following abilities throughout his or her cover letter:
- Being able to interact with children
- Knowledge of recreational activities
- Sense of humor and enthusiasm
- Being able to follow instructions
- An interest for learning new things
- Supervisory skills
- Being able to discipline children
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Those interested in a Camp Counsellor job can check relevant job abilities in the sample cover letter provided below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Camp Counsellor Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Cason:
As an enthusiastic and energetic individual with key experience coordinating and leading summer camp programs for children aged 7 to 17, it is my pleasure to submit the enclosed resume for your consideration. My background and dedication to ensuring engaging and exploratory kids’ camp experiences position me to significantly impact your team as your next Camp Counsellor.
Program coordination, activity oversight, and team collaboration and leadership are just a few of the areas in which I excel. Through facilitating camp programs across a range of subjects and capacities, I have refined my communication, creativity, and motivational skills. Furthermore, my commitment to fostering exciting and peer-supportive environments has resulted in consistently popular and dynamic children’s summer camps.
Highlights of my qualifications include the following:
- Excelling in summer camp counsellor positions for the past eight years with the North Carolina Mountaineers Club, creating and implementing hands-on activities and programs for up to 75 campers—including sports, arts, and general indoor/outdoor recreation activities—to stimulate fun and engaging camp environments.
- Organizing activities including campfires, hikes, talent shows, and horseback riding while explaining and enforcing camp rules to ensure maximum camper safety.
- Instrumental in creating and leading promotional efforts to boost camp enrollment each summer.
- Building and sustaining strong relationships with campers, families, counselors, volunteers, and community members.
With my experience and my enthusiasm, I am highly prepared to dedicate myself to the highest standards of excellence at your camp and exceed your expectations for this position. I look forward to discussing my qualifications in further detail.
Thank you for your consideration.
Paul J. Bowman