Cafe Manager Cover Letter
Cafe Managers oversee employees, operations, financials and customer service in cafes, with complementary expertise in food safety/storage and health regulations. Their responsibilities span a range of areas including staff hiring and training, sales and marketing initiatives, financial oversight, and inventory control. Strong leadership and interpersonal abilities are assets in this position.
Areas of strength required for success in this position include the following:
- Employee training, development, coaching
- Team building and leadership
- Cost control/containment
- Inventory control and maintenance
- Scheduling and task delegation
- Customer service, satisfaction, loyalty
- Regulatory compliance
A sample cover letter for a Cafe Manager follows, with comparable skills and qualifications mentioned.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Cafe Manager Resume Samples.
For more information on what it takes to be a Cafe Manager, check out our more complete Cafe Manager Job Description.
Don't send your resume without a cover letter. Find out how to create a professional cover letter in our guide.
Dear Ms. McCardle:
Upon discovering your posting for a Cafe Manager, I eagerly decided to submit my resume for your review. As an experienced and motivated manager with eight years of strong experience, I am prepared to significantly contribute to Oceanside Cafe’s goals in this role.
My background includes leading operations, teams and processes to drive business and customer service success for The Coffee Grinder. From training and developing employees to overseeing financial controls, I excel at managing teams, propelling revenue enhancement, and stimulating maximum levels of customer service and satisfaction.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Advancing from Barista to Assistant Manager and finally to Manager at The Coffee Grinder, acquiring responsibility for staff hiring and training, inventory management, scheduling, cost containment, sales performance, and product promotions.
- Introducing new sales and marketing strategies to attract and secure customers, such as a new menu design, healthy food options, a 10-visit punch card, and a social media presence.
- Training, developing and managing dynamic and productive staff to propel the cafe’s success and greatly improve customer service and loyalty.
- Overseeing facility operations—including financials, food safety, and procurement—to optimize efficiency and profitability.
- Demonstrating solid time management, communication, and multitasking skills to excel within fast-paced, customer-facing environments.
My skills in team and operational leadership in busy cafe environments have been finely honed, and I am confident my additional strengths will readily translate to your establishment. The chance to offer more insight into my qualifications would be appreciated.
Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Jessie J. Morris