Busser Cover Letter
Bussers are restaurant employers responsible for helping waiters. Typical duties a Busser completes include: cleaning tables, removing dirty dishes, replenishing table supplies such as napkins and toothpicks, filling water glasses, serving snacks, setting up buffets, cleaning spills, maintaining the restaurant clean and organized, taking clean dishes to the cooking station, restocking utensils, and answering to customer inquiries. Their main purpose is to make sure food is delivered in a fast and accurate manner.
Successful sample cover letters for Busser focus on the following skills and qualifications:
- Customer service orientation
- Restaurant operations knowledge
- Physical fitness and being able to stand and walk for hours
- Dexterity and attention to safety
- Detail orientation
- Problem-solving skills
- Computer literacy
Comparable Busser abilities are visible in the example cover letter provided right below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Busser Resume Samples.
Don't send your resume without a cover letter. Find out how to create a professional cover letter in our guide.
Dear Mr. Snyder:
In my search for a position that supports my skills and requires efficiency, dexterity, and team collaboration, I discovered the posting for a Busser at Costino’s Restaurant and quickly decided to submit my resume for your review. With my previous experience in support positions within fast-paced restaurants, I am confident that I would significantly benefit your establishment.
My background includes four years of experience providing comprehensive support to servers and bartenders. From setting tables and refilling glasses to delivering food and clearing dishes, my experience has prepared me to excel in this role. My additional strengths in communication and multitasking—as well as my rock-solid work ethic and my perfect attendance record—are sure to make me an immediate asset to Costino’s team.
Highlights of my background include:
- Greeting newly seated guests, bringing water and bread to tables, assisting servers with preparing and delivering food and beverages, clearing dishes following customer departures, and rapidly sanitizing and resetting tables for new guests.
- Selected to train and mentor new bussers on managing the floor and ensuring outstanding customer service.
- Interacting respectfully and courteously with customers, monitoring dining areas and responding to requests or cleaning needs promptly.
- Maintaining a friendly rapport with managers, bartenders, servers, and peers across all work areas.
With my dependability coupled with my professional demeanor, I could quickly exceed your expectations and make a positive impact on your restaurant. I look forward to discussing what I can offer in this position in further detail.
Thank you for your consideration.
Richard D. Nieto