Business Development Officer Cover Letter
Business Development Officers ensure new business for a company by generating leads, pitching products and services to potential customers, and cultivating customer relationships. Essential job duties of a Business Development Officer include attending industry events, identifying business opportunities, scheduling meetings, delivering presentations, informing clients on new products or product developments, collaborating with marketers, reporting to senior managers, and growing existing accounts. Overall, their role is to develop the pipeline for new business.
Based on our selection of example cover letters for Business Development Officer, the most sought-after skills for the job are:
- Strategic planning
- Business flair and commercial awareness
- Managerial skills
- Problem-solving orientation
- Networking skills
- Customer service
- Computer competences
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
A well-written sample cover letter for Business Development Officer highlighting similar abilities is provided just below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Business Development Officer Resume Samples.
Don't send your resume without a cover letter. Find out how to create a professional cover letter in our guide.
Dear Mr. Hennis:
If you are looking for a dynamic, personable, and revenue-driven professional to join your team as your next Business Development Officer, I invite you to consider the enclosed resume detailing my experience and credentials. As an experienced business development manager with a strong history of driving corporate development efforts and managing client relationships, I can significantly contribute to the accomplishment of your objectives in this role.
My experience in strategically restructuring business processes and systems, achieving organizational goals, and nurturing beneficial relationships positions me to substantially impact your company. By leveraging expertise and insight to implement forward-thinking and strategic business solutions, I excel at optimizing development methodologies and managing projects to realize increased revenues and overall success.
Following are highlights of my qualifications:
- More than 12 years of success in business development growth and management for Fortune 500 companies; consistently achieving corporate growth objectives through the development of innovative and successful business initiatives and marketing strategies.
- Prospecting and acquiring new clients with annual revenues of up to $4.8M by utilizing internal leads, contact networks, and referrals.
- Delivering outstanding customer experiences during every client interaction, leading to unparalleled customer loyalty, an impressively high rate of referral business, and an increase in long-term business partnerships.
- Conducting high-impact presentations and product demonstrations to ensure optimal product comprehension for both internal staff and clients.
- Utilizing superior communication and time management skills while leveraging Six Sigma Green Belt training to drive business success.
My dedication to propelling business development efforts, along with my steadfast motivation to meet or exceed goals, characterizes my career accomplishments. These skills, combined with energetic and articulate presentation talents, will allow me to greatly benefit your team. I look forward to discussing this position in further detail.
Thank you for your consideration.
Jamie V. Kendrick