Business Development Manager Cover Letter
Business Development Managers improve a company’s market position by handling business relationships. These professionals are responsible for securing new business deals and exploring opportunities. Specific duties of a Business Development Manager are taking part in industry events, proposing business deals, making investment recommendations, maintaining business information confidentiality, and working to enhance organization reputation. One of their duties is updating their technical and professional knowledge to achieve better results.
Based on our collection of example cover letters for Business Development Manager, the most sought-after skills for the job are:
- Business acumen and commercial awareness
- Professionalism and presentation skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal abilities
- Networking skills
- Computer proficiency
- Problem-solving orientation
- Organizational skills
A sample cover letter emphasizing similar qualifications is available below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Business Development Manager Resume Samples.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Ms. Lordes:
Upon review of your posting for a Business Development Manager, I was immediately compelled to submit my resume for your review. As an experienced, senior-level professional with a strong history of driving dynamic product sales, managing client relationships, and substantially increasing revenues, I stand to significantly contribute to your objectives in this position.
My experience in identifying new business opportunities, cultivating and maintaining relationships with executive business partners, and spearheading effective sales and market penetration strategies positions me to greatly impact your organization. By leveraging expertise and insight to implement forward-thinking and strategic business development solutions, I excel at connecting with key decision-makers and quickly building profitable, lasting partnerships that sustain revenue growth.
Following are highlights of my qualifications
- Managing business development and relationship management efforts for Stingray, a Fortune 500 company; spearheading account management efforts and cost / risk analyses to achieve optimal client satisfaction.
- Evolving new lines of business through account prospecting, market analysis, and client relationships to propel business success and achieve organizational goals.
- Conducting dynamic presentations targeted to key decision makers while negotiating profitable contracts and agreements in conjunction with senior management.
- Creating and delivering high-impact presentations; overseeing proposal development and negotiations to realize outstanding sales performance and business growth.
My dedication to forging key partnerships to drive business development and advantage, along with my proven talents in sales and marketing management, characterize my career accomplishments and will allow me to significantly benefit your team. I look forward to discussing this position in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Michele D. Schall