Bus Driver Cover Letter
Bus Drivers are in charge for transporting passengers such as tourists or commuters from one point to another on an established route. Those interested in a Bus Driver job should be able to perform the following tasks: following routes, respecting the allowed number of work hours, adjusting driving to traffic conditions, helping disabled passengers in and out of the vehicle, collecting fares, maintaining orderliness, and keeping the vehicle in good operating condition.
Essential skills listed in a Bus Driver cover letter samples include:
- Safe driving skills
- A clean driving record
- A valid driver’s license
- Stamina and resilience
- Time management
- Having a passenger endorsement in order to be allowed to transport people
- Teamworking skills
- Effective communication and good interpersonal skills
- Attention to details
The cover letter example provided below mentions similar Bus Driver skills and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Bus Driver Resume Samples.
Let employers know that you mean business, with a professional cover letter. Learn how to write a cover letter in our detailed guide.
Dear Mr. Jeffries:
Upon learning of your posting for a Bus Driver, I hastened to submit my resume for your review. With my experience in passenger transportation, combined with my excellent communication and time management abilities, I feel confident that I would significantly benefit your organization.
From monitoring traffic and weather conditions and reporting mechanical issues to ensuring on-time arrivals and departures and interfacing professionally and courteously with customers, my background has prepared me to excel in this role. With more than nine years of experience driving buses in both the school and public transportation sectors, my leadership and decision-making abilities—along with my unwavering focus on customer service excellence—position me ready to thrive in this position.
Highlights of my background include the following:
- Excelling as a bus driver for the Rhode Island County School System, enforcing orderly conduct rules to maximize safety for all students as well as performing post-route inspections to ensure optimal vehicle functioning.
- Serving as a bus driver for the Providence Red Line and maintaining outstanding levels of timely arrivals and departures; earning recognition as “Driver of the Month” on four occasions.
- Keeping a steadfast commitment on safe driving and passenger security.
- Holding a valid commercial driver’s license as well as first aid certification.
- Utilizing superior communication, organizational, and time management skills to generate peak results and performance.
With my experience and knowledge in passenger transportation, coupled with my dedication to achieving success, I believe I could quickly meet—or surpass—your expectations for this role. I look forward to discussing the position in further detail.
Thank you for your consideration.
Frank M. Talbot