Bar Staff Cover Letter
Bar Staff serve drinks in clubs and pubs. Main duties of Bar Staff include greeting customers, taking orders, preparing and serving drinks, washing glasses, cleaning tables, entertaining customers, helping to organize events, and stocking supplies and drinks. As part of their job, these employees also need to collect payments and operate the till.
The most successful Bar Staff cover letter samples make display of the following qualifications:
- Customer service orientation
- Physical fitness and the ability to carry weights
- Flexibility and being able to work in shifts
- A professional manner and a smart appearance
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong numeracy skills
- Diplomacy and tact
- An outgoing personality
- Resilience to stress
- An observant and practical manner
Similar Bar Staff skills can be consulted in the example cover letter provided below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Bar Staff Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Houston:
When I learned of your need for a new member to join your bar staff team, I hasted to send you my resume for your consideration. With key experience providing excellent customer service in both casual and fine dining establishments—as well as my commitment to dynamic team collaboration and leadership—I would significantly benefit McIntyre Bar & Grill in this role.
My experience in preparing and delivering cocktails, beer, wine, and spirits for diverse clientele has prepared me to excel in this role. Complementing this expertise is my proficiency in order taking, table setting, stock management, and premises maintenance. With my proven ability to create sophisticated alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages while maintaining a clean and safe environment, my additional strengths in communication and time management position me to thrive in this position.
Highlights of my background include:
- Greeting bar guests and taking orders, delivering accurate food and beverage items, collecting and processing payments, maintaining optimal inventory levels, and balancing multiple tasks simultaneously in fast-paced restaurants.
- Providing overarching support to bar managers with a full range of operational tasks to achieve top levels of efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrating team building and organizational planning abilities, strong leadership talents, and exceptional interpersonal skills; mentoring new staff in general bar and restaurant operations.
With my previous experience, coupled with my enthusiasm and my personable, outgoing demeanor, I could swiftly surpass your expectations for this role. I look forward to discussing the position in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.